Wednesday, September 12, 2018

3rd full day off. Wouldn't have had it if I hadn't asked.  I always get this "we'll see what we can do" as a reply.  As if it's evil to want some time off once in a while.  Really, that's what it is.  There's a lot of work, there's not enough drivers apparently, but that will change.  At the end of the year, there will not be enough work and then, you either get shipped off somewhere like I was last year or you sit around and don't make any money I guess.  I'm not really in love with the idea of doing another blizzard stint, but I'll do it if I'm pushed hard enough.  Just that this time, perhaps another driver can go up there that didn't do it last time and is a new driver.

Lord only knows where I'll be sent off to tomorrow.

Today is my mom's birthday.  It's always a bit strange to have a family member having a birthday on what is the anniversary of one of the worst attacks on our own soil that has ever occurred.  And then there's this Cat-4 Hurricane barreling down on the Carolinas. If I were any of those people in the path of that thing? I would be getting the heyday out of there, in a fast hurry.

Some of that huge storm system seemingly hovering around Houston right now has come up this way and it's been raining all night long.  I'm watching a time line of the attack on the World Trade Centers on Fox News.  Some footage I've never seen before of the planes crashing into the buildings.  It's still just as sickening to watch today as it was to watch the events unfold before all of us in 2001.  But I'm not going to spend the day watching footage of it like I have every other year.  I've seen all of it enough times, I don't need to see it anymore.  It's a sad day in American History, the perpetrator has been killed, the nation moved on, took a while but it did. It was eerie to not see any airplanes flying in the sky for however long it was, months?  And the worst part was seeing those people jumping out of the building faced with either burning up alive or ending their own lives.  I certainly can't blame them for not wanting to have their flesh burned off of their bodies, I would like to hope that on impact, they didn't feel anything.

Moving on from that and honestly having had forgotten about mom's birthday until today, I am going to see about sending her some flowers at least and whatever she may want for her birthday.  My mind has been a bit cluttered with thoughts of what to do next, if anything in terms of this job and just life in general.

No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...