Tuesday, October 2, 2018

In the last 5 days, I've worked 1 of them.  I don't mind a down time here and there, but I would like to know about it so I can - travel.  I could have flown to Phoenix, taken a trip locally, whatever.  Something, anything, out of here.  I've got a nice ride to drive off somewhere or plenty of funds to fly off somewhere. Money is no longer the huge issue it used to be.

Anyway, Ive gotten some things done some days and nothing done on others.  Count this an almost nothing day.  Didn't feel like it. Got up late, went out to eat with Taylor at lunch, came home and went back to sleep.  Well, I have done some laundry and I have had modules online from work open all day long.  Those are assigned by the company and you are allowed to spend up to 3 hours on each module and get paid 3 hours worth.  I've been going 2 plus hours on each. It takes 60 seconds to read each one tho. 

But I have to supplement my paycheck somehow, this was the only thing that came to mind this morning.  I don't have to babysit it, either. Well sorty of, I have to stay active every 50 minutes or so.  Anyway, I intend on 10 hours of that today, it's the same pay as detention pay. 

Meanwhile, both rooms are tentatively rented.  One person is moving in tomorrow.  I don't have to put furnishings in the rooms, that's a big plus.  Didn't really want to have to go buy beds and dressers and such.  The room being filled tomorrow is also disable  He doesn't work, same as Rene, monthly check from the government.  Plus and minus there. Plus is that guaranteed income to pay the rent. Minus, sometimes those people are "needy" and trying to borrow money off of others.  I already asked Rene to please not ask other people in the house for loans, it doesn't sit well that a stranger should be approached for money they probably don't have.

I mean, if you're renting out a room in someone else's house, highly likely it's because you aren't financially stable enough to afford your own place.  At the same time, I am renting out a room in another person's house and I can easily afford to get my own place.  But, I don't want my own place, I'd rather live with other people, just my preference.  I wouldn't be too happy living alone, I don't think. 

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic that this is going to work out and work out much faster than I thought. I kinda thought I would end up eating a lot of this month's money towards that house in trying to get people in there.  Instead, it happened within a week of posting ads and 2 payments coming tomorrow - one from Rene and the other from 1st new tenant. The 3rd cannot move in until Donny is out.  Donny is living there free, on my dime.  6 days worth it will be by the time he gets out of there.  I didn't give him permission to do that, I am just staying away from him because his mouth is crass and I am not really feeling in the mood to listen to all of that.  In other words, I'm just protecting myself from getting into an altercation that could get ugly. 

I'm heading back down to Brownsville again tomorrow.  I think I'm going to try and dig out my passport just in case I get stuck down there and  in case I get a wild hair and decide to venture across the border.  Apparently going into Mexico isn't an issue, it's coming back into the states where they want you to have a passport.  I have to admit I'm a bit uneasy about venturing off over there, but at the same time, that's what makes it a challenge.  Ok, I really need to get stuck down there for a day or more even if I don't go across the border, too much down time, I need the finances. 

Oh, and my 401k! Has taken off yet again.  Thank you President Trump! Yup, I'll give him credit, especially after democrats poo-poohed it a while back saying it "flattened out" and predicting doom and gloom for the economy.  Hey, the economy could experience a hiccup or a collapse, who knows, but times are good right now.  Unemployment is so low that companies are having a hard time finding enough employees to fill slots.  That's a good and bad thing. 

________________________

We went to a law enforcement event at the main square in town.  Yup, this is a small town.  Big, OLD, courthouse right in the middle of the square.  I think it's a museum now, the court is now in a high rise building across the street.  Funny how we need courts everywhere, and big expansive ones, even in small towns?  What the heck is wrong with the human race that you have to have this kind of junk all over the place?  It was interesting and there were free hotdogs and chips and water so what the heck. 

James was still at work, we took the kids - it is only a mile away, checked everything out, ate the food and left.  The 3 year old had fun in the bounce house. 

I'm not really looking forward to getting up at 5:30 am.  That's 8 hours from now.  Going to sleep in half an hour.  Just trying to ensure that I will sleep mostly through the night, that happens if I stay up later than I should. A bit less sleep but more of it overall.  The only good thing about the early loads are you don't have to drive late at night. If I go on duty at 6:30 am - which is when I wlll, I can only be on duty until 8:30 pm.  I will be there around 7:30 pm if nothing goes wrong.  Haven't had a break down in a while. 

The news. It's nothing but Kavanaugh. ENDLESS Kavanaugh, endless new false narratives by the left, endless accusations.  This nation is in a bad way right now.  Politics is tearing this nation apart,  The left have collectively lost their minds.  There is no excusing this outrageous behavior.  I'm on the Convention of States channel, will be until all of this is fixed - and it won't be fixed until the states come together, engage in a convention of states and force the feds back into their place. Washington politicians have this nation handled by the throat, they dictate to us what's going to happen next and I am quite done with it. 

Well enough.  I'm still trying to figure out the world of stock investments.  I have no problem with 401k, but doing it with cash is a completely different story. 
















                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...