Wednesday, November 21, 2018

After you haven't been to a place for a while, you kinda lose the feel for navigating around it a bit.  It all came back to my memory quickly tho driving around.  And it took a very short time to remember one of the reasons I love to hate Phoenix: traffic, distracted drivers and jerkioffs intentionally holding up traffic.  The major street running by my neighborhood is also ridiculous now. Worse than I've ever seen it.  Oh, and what cruise around town would be complete if you didn't drive by a crime scene where a body is found in a canal? And everything else about this metro Phoenix area that make it, IMO, a hell hole to live in.

Anyway, I spent several hours at my house today. The fish in my little pond have grown HUGE.  I mean, they are FAR too big for that pond.  I suggested trading them for small fish or selling them and going and buying a slew of little Koi and goldfish to take their place.  There is one Koi in there and it's about 14 inches long and very, very large for such a small pond.  Fish that large just aren't happy in a pond that small.

The house? in exact same condition as when I left it. Which is a good thing, it's immaculate, clean, looking good, lots of vegetation, full of tenants, just a nice thing.  Neighbors on both sides are still living like shit, to put it bluntly. They have their own versions of landfills going. Neighbors behind, same crap. It's ridiculous.  But whatever, I'm letting them make the calls there, only if they have a problem that is usually involved with replacing stuff that usually means money do I get a phone call and get involved.  There are a few issues. The neighbor's tree ruined the wood slat fence in the back when it fell over. It covers maybe 50 feet of the back, the rest is a chain link fence.  Mark said 2 grand to replace it, 'm like what?  Nooo.  No way it's going to cost that much to fix it.

And mattresses.  Apparently people moved into rooms with their own and he got rid of the ones I had bought for those rooms.  He said they were falling apart and junk.  I can agree that likely they probably had seen enough lifespan.  But that's 3 Queen beds down the drain and any time one of the people moves out, I'm going ot have to replace one until it occurs in all 3 of those rooms.

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...