Wednesday, December 12, 2018

A relatively quick run. 
The plant changed it's loading time rules - which no one bothered to tell me about - so I arrived way earlier than I needed to.  Once I start the clock on my Quaalcomm, it doesn't stop. 4-1/2 hours wasted at the plant and I knew I wasn't making it down to Brownsville on Monday and subsequently knew that I wouldn't be back until Wednesday- today.

There were 2 empty trailers down there, that's always disappointing.  Especially when you are wasting a 3rd day anyway. 

And, of course, another problem with the truck. This time? Severe vibration to the point the whole truck is shaking at speeds between 35 and 55 mph.  Well, you know, hardly surprising on a vehicle that has almost 700k miles on it.  I'm guessing a U Joint. the thing has half a dozen of them on there.  The tires looked okay as far as separation goes, but they are getting thin as well.  So I wrote it all up.  My manager asked if I didn't want to go out until it's fixed? Uh no.  You can send me out if you like, if the thing breaks I'll be happy to sit at a hotel again lol. 

She isn't actually opposed to that.  Lol.  Well whatever, I reported it.  What I don't want to do is sit around for 10 days doing nothing. 

And today, I saw my check details.  My manager did not put my vacation pay on there.  Lol. I'm not going to say anything about it, there is no point.  I don't want it now after all the time sitting at the hotel, for the next paycheck, I will survive with out it.

And speaking of vacations, the lady friend here announced that she won't be able to go with my overseas.  I had hoped she could after announcing she wanted to, but wasn't necessarily holding out any hope.  I will now proceed to look into going at any date.  I found round trip to Dublin for $500.  Economy class, yes. that would suck.  I mean, I want a window seat if I'm doing that at least.  Hopefully they let you get up and stretch in the aisle on such long flights? 

I have decided I'm more drawn to Ireland than London at the moment. But there is the pesky little detail of the 2 states I haven't been to - Alaska and Hawaii. Or the fact that I have never been on a cruise.  I think my research for the time being is going to be Ireland, where to go, where to stay on the cheap - I'm making money yes but that doesn't mean I want to just flush it down the drain.   So many places to go.  So many things to see. A small bucket list is going to grow.  I think. 

Dreaming is a good thing, I think. Trying to make some of it come true is entirely another. 

I'm going to have to make a decision about work soon enough. Well I don't have to do anything, but if I want to get involved with owning my own truck or not.  Seems so late in life to be attempting anything like this.  It is, actually, but to envision a "retirement" broke and in want is nothing I want to deal with.  Or owning rental properties. I need more education on such things. 

I dunno but I'm going to sleep lol.




















No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...