Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Well, I wasn't going to write another entry, but oh well.
I wore the dogs completely out.  I mean, by the time we left that doggy park, they were just standing there huffing and puffing.  I wasn't feeling so good myself, but I wanted to go 30 minutes.  I wasn't forcing the dogs to follow me around, I figured if they got tired they can just stand or lay down under the shade of the giant trees in that park.  They couldn't resist.  They started out galloping like horses, they ended up barely moving lol.

There is water for dogs there, but the won't drink out of it.  You just press a button and a flow of fresh water comes out of the faucet into a saucer on the ground.  The dogs are supposed to drink out of it, but they are afraid of it and won't go near it lmao. Hey, I made the effort to give them water, they turned it down.  Besides, we were going straight home with 10 gallons of fresh water sitting out there.

After that, I decided to crock pot the pork loin, so I got started on that immediately.  It seemed to me a good idea to go ahead and fry the outer portions of the roast first and give it a nice brown sear. After fooling with all of that for a while and getting it in the crock pot and going, I then got out the rack of ribs.  I made up a nice dry rub and put it on both sides of the rack of ribs. After that, I put it in a pool of Dr Pepper on a tin foil lined baking pan, turned the oven up to 250 degrees and that's now slow cooking.  Plenty of time left in the day for that to cook 3 or 4 hours - however long it takes to get nice and juicy and most and fall off the bone.

After that I got busy with this cloud bread. It's a little bit more involved than I realized because you are mixing with a hand mixer the egg whites into a stiff texture.  Then, you combine the other ingredients and then you fold the whites into the other mixture.  Admittedly, I haven't folded whites into anything in a long, long time, so I had to look at a video on Facebook to give myself a refresher course. Not difficult, but for the effort might as well do it right? That mixture is in the oven.

Beyond that was getting my bag ready for tomorrow - that entails counting out the numbers of pairs of socks, underwear, pants and shirts.  I usually try to have a minimum of 7 days worth of clothing, especially on a longer run. The "just in case" something goes wrong type of deal.  I know it sounds odd, but a broken down truck wouldn't bother me a bit consider break down.

Now? I made a made-up concoction for breakfast that was so tasty, I'm going to make a nice pile of it again and take it with me for breakfasts.  It's just that thin ham for sandwiches, chopped up into small cubes, 2 jalapeno peppers sliced, a good bit of red onion.  Put that in a pan, add pepper, red peppers, a little garlic powder, salt and some  cayenne pepper (I'm a big fan of it for adding some spiciness to many dishes and blending in with the taste of the dish nicely) cook it in some avocado oil - or whatever you want to use - get the onions just before carmelized, pour in some heavy whipping cream. Stir the whipping cream with the mixture until nicely blended, cook it down a bit, add some cheese on top, melt it and walaah.  I was going to put eggs on top but it tasted so good, at least to me, I skipped the eggs.

Very easy concoction to put together, doesn't take long to cook and is delicious.


And right now, I'm just looking for the "easy and delicious" stuff after all of what I have already done.  but, a calculated diet doesn't rely on happenstance.  Sometimes it's impossible not to have to just wing it, but mostly, you can put stuff together that is delicious and satisfying so you don't have to wing anything.  Often times I will eat breakfast at a Denny's or a Waffle House since I can get  a keto friendly breakfast there with no problems, but dinners - a different story.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Long day.  I don't know why, I drove out all 11 hours minus a few minutes.  But I only got 628 miles.  I was hoping for at least 650 miles. Trying to get this run done in 3 days, I'm not sure that's going to happen.  I dunno, but looking at the app, all the truck stops and even the rest areas were filled up long before I ever got up here.  However, none of those were on my list of places to stop because I already knew that was going to happen.

The truck stop in Cross Plains - not a lot of parking spaces actually - had the best chance.  The last update when I was looking whether to stop there or not was 55 minutes before I got there and it said "some spots" available.  It was that or run up to the Kentucky Downs and park out in the dirt.  I like to think God is watching out for me : ) Cause I got here and there were 3 spots left, I got one of them and the rest were taken up quickly after that. 

And now, a huge lightning and thunder storm has shown up, the parking lot is flooding, the rain is pelting down on the truck, lightning is flashing endlessly. The rain can stay, the lightning can go.  I can't sleep with all that noise with the ensuing thunder going off.  And now, a continuous flow of trucks driving in and out of here looking for a place to park. 

Anyway, I was watching the democrat debate for president but I got bored with it.  The top contenders are tomorrow night, the mix of them on there tonight were a bunch of lame, clueless people that have zero chance of winning the Presidency.  There are two that might  - and mean marginal - chance of winning and that would be Booker and Warren.

I am not a Democrat, but I was trying to watch this to hear their platforms, I didn't realize the real people running weren't on until tomorrow night.  So I turned that nonsense off.  I'm pretty much ready to go to bed - but I have to get out and check the pressure on the tank.  Lol, I'll wait. It's raining so hard right now, that getting out of the truck, I would be soaking wet within 30 seconds. 

Well, I'm going to sit in the cab for a while and watch all of this going on here. Between the thunder and lightning, truck drivers filling up their tanks getting soaking wet and other trucks driving in and out of here looking for parking, it's rather entertaining. But mostly the thunder and lightning lol.































No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...