Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Oklahoma trip over. Dude at the plant up there complaining about a broken internal valve in one of the trailers we bring up there. Admitted they knew about it but haven't told us.  So how in the bleep are we supposed to know if it's broken if you don't tell us? Wait until you are sufficiently upset about it that you let loose?

An easy fix, too. It's just a cable that pulls a lever down that pulls a rod up that opens the valve . They get replaced frequently, they're old trailers.  New trailers are all operated either by air pressure or handles, there are no cables in them at all. But, you know, those new trailers, I was told today, aren't the 500k I thought they were,; they are more like 750k for each one.  That's a LOT of money for ONE single trailer!

No one at the yard, I went and had lunch at Applebee's on the way home.  I got called out yesterday morning early.  The person I was asked to take their spot in loading's vehicle was broken down.  I dropped everything - was preparing to make breakfast - left in a hurry and didn't get to eat anything but pork rinds until around 7:30 pm last night.  I had a hamburger at that point in Okmulgee, OK.

Anyway, I got back to my town and went straight to the court house. The first place had no clue. They sent me to another place a mile away - whatever they thought was there? - wasn't, it was an old, junky mechanics shop.  Back to the court house and sent to the right place.  OH, yes, they said on floor two while a huge number of what must of been jurors filed out of a court room and flooded the bathrooms - literally flooded them btw.

The lady at the counter of the office I went into pointed at the back - you can go help yourself.  Help myself to what? I'm thinking, there is row after row after row of files, hundreds of thousands of them.  I didn't ask her, I didn't want to look like the amateur I am and have them send me packing.  They didn't ask any credentials.  There must be a system, I thought, correlated to some of these endless numbers on each tract that is for sale on the auction pamphlet.  I figured it out quickly, a little guess work included, and started looking into the properties.

Good thing I looked. Many of these properties have huge school district tax liens that are not - apparently - a part of the judgment against the property.  There were all kinds of different numbers, I got lost attempting to figure out how they came up with sale price.  I have more learning to do - meaning more research.  But the way the paperwork made it work, there was the tax lien and then there were - in many cases - thousands and thousands of additional dollars worth of school taxes to be paid.  Didn't make sense to me - property taxes mostly go to pay school taxes?  But I decided that I would only think about bidding on properties tomorrow that didn't have all of that listed in there.  Which narrowed all of those properties down to 2.  I bypassed all properties that belonged to developers - there would be a reason they were delinquent and probably not a good reason.

I need to learn how to do all of the research. There is yet another place you have to go for even more information on any liens or judgments against any given property.  Give me time, I'll learn.  And once I learn, I will be buying properties and attempting to resell them at profit. One at a time, probably. At least at first.  I need to earn retirement money, working is fine but it's way too far off in the future - much longer than i want to have to work - before employment earnings will actually pay for retirement coupled with SS.

But I am going to go tomorrow.  If I don't get anything, that's fine.  I want to see if I can find anyone that is knowledgeable that is open to giving out "free information".

Wow. The 20 acres being auctioned tomorrow is a small ranch. It has barns and covered fixtures. There is a small mobile home on it. It has fencing all around it.  That places will probably get bid up pretty good. That's the one I was interested in, but after seeing it I can't imagine a starting bid at 2 grand staying there and going to final bidder.  It's listed at 107k property value for taxes - which is always less than what a property is worth.  Satellite view - most trees gone on the property.  A couple of ponds.  All green. Would be good for cattle.  Not a lot of cattle at 20 acres but good enough for a person interested in dipping their feet into it.  The property is definitely worth far more than the listed price, that's a fact.












No comments:

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...