Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday

I didn't feel good this morning when I woke up and the alarm didn't go off for whatever reason, so I was 20 minutes late - but not out the door. I just skipped some of my morning routine and got out of here asap. Not that my boss would care - as long as I get 8 hours on the clock it's pretty much irrelevant unless there is an early delivery.

Which is tomorrow. The load MUST be there by 7:00 am. It's just one spool and the place is less than 40 minutes drive, no big deal.

Today I drove almost 300 miles - pretty good for a local delivery area.

Anyway, it's Thursday - almost over actually - one day closer to divisional finals weekend. And then conference, and then - the Superbowl! Who (if any of them) are you rootin' for?

I forgot about dealing with the mortgage company. Beginning this month, this newest company that has acquired my mortgage raised the monthly payment by almost $100. I can ill afford that. I tried to call yesterday - the wait was so long I just ended up hanging up. I'm going to askl them to renegotiate the loan to a lower percentage rate. If they aren't going to do that, then - I don't know. I don't know what they are raising the mortgage rate for to begin with. I mean, did they purchase yet another insurance company's policy that is more expensive? Cause if they did, I'll get another insurance company at a lower rate and they can go blow.

Whatever. Always something. Such as coming home and finding a pickup truck parked in MY parking spot. Big no-no at BenB Properties. The newer tenant saw me and went into the house and told the guy to move his truck. Lol. It was Mary's carpenter - he's in here finishing installing this door that I don't really care about at this point because Mary has decided that installing the door is more important than paying her rent.

Whatever again. I don't even want to go into that.
I have been waiting every day for my company to post this month's recipients of the safe driver award. I have not received any tickets in 2008 and didn't cause' any accidents - though I was rear-ended, totally not my fault. It's a paycheck award, take out 40% taxes (blahhhhh) and still some money leftover. It will undoubtedly all go to bills. I have yet to get motivated to go down to Fry's and apply for the job in person. Just don't have the feel for it - yet. Get the feel when my finances are so depleted, I don't have enough money to eat from.

I'm a bit tired and apparently cranky, so I'm going to end this one.
C'yall later!
ben

9 comments:

greeneyes67 said...

Cardinals of course! You never know, don't laugh. lol

BenB said...

Cardinals? (benb holding in laughter).
I'll give them a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of actually even GETTING to the Superbowl, much less winning it.
Okay, in reality, there are always those times when some team comes along that everyone laughs off and it does the impossible. It happens. I've seen it. There's also that team that comes along and plays the "spoiler" role. They ain't gonna make it very far, but they're going to take out as many teams as they can along the way.
However, I must say here: STEELERS ALL THE WAY!!!

Tammy said...

I am grumpy today too.

BenB said...

Hi Tammy: Just tookalookat the pics of your new house. Wow! I'm impressed, it looks very nice. A fireplace, too!
I love your doggy - he's a good-looking feller.
Everyone gets grumpy from time-to-time - might as well fester in it and get it all out, lol.

Pastor Larry said...

Get well soon.

BenB said...

Thanks Pastor Larry!

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, crankypants!

BenB said...

Hey, aren't you supposed to be checking horse's teeth right now?

Fin said...

What is going on? First I describe a video as "awesome" and now I am finding myself compelled to describe this link [well, maybe not to Ben but to the rest of us) as "cool".

http://www.bigrigtravels.com/

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...