Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday

So, it's official. Ken's family is coming on Saturday to get his things. It's really a relief - his mom told me they're talking MONTHS worth of rehab. I know I've been rehashing this same subject, but it's one that I need to get rectified and behind me one way or the other. As I have been saying, Ken is in a bad way right now and there isn't really ANY progress coming forth now.

Dunno what else to say about it. My mind is so full of getting these rooms re-rented, there is little room for anything else. I did spend some time praying this morning, though for a handful of individuals that came to mind, a couple are fellow-bloggers on KCL.

I have yet to hear from older gentleman that is supposed to move in today. I guess from now on, anyone wanting to hold a room is going to have to give me some kind of deposit money. Not saying this guy isn't coming, I have no clue! That's the trepidation part of it.

Stupid me, I don't know what I did with his phone number, either.

Oh well. I'll go digging in my papers and find it- it's around somewhere.

Really, I'm begging Mother Nature to PLEASE bring some cooler temps. Instead, she's going to throw us 111 degree temps tomorrow and the next day. Gag.

It's abysimally slow at work. I have done one small delivery today, which was really laughable. I had 5, 20-foot sticks of 2-inch diameter PVC pipe on my truck - a whole semi to deliver that and some fittings.

It looks beginning the second day of September the temps are going to cool down into the high 90's - I'll take that over this ridiculous, non-ending nonsense that we have been getting.

Well, still at work and breaktime's over.
ben

3 comments:

Fin said...

Securing a deposit is just good common sense. I thought you had a policy of two months in advance...security and first month paid before moving in.

Speaking of weather, a tropical storm is aiming at NYC. Should be interesting.

Anonymous said...

That's a security deposit, I'm talking about a "holding" deposit - you commit to moving in,you hand over some cash to back that statement up. I can't just have people playing these stupid games with me where they'll commit here, but obviously only as a "backup" until/if they find something better.
Are you in NY or MI right now?

Anonymous said...

G'day Ben

Would you mind sending me an email please. I've just had to do a complete reformat of my laptop which resulted in the loss of everything (including email addresses). :(

Cheers

Lynne (West Aussie)

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...