Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Porterhouse Steak

Stopped at Fry's Food Stores on the way home from work today. I do that often. I almost always go to the meat department and see what manager's specials are going. That's meat that is going to expire in a couple of days and they need to unload it. I don't often see Porterhouse steak in that portion, in fact, today's finding was the first of such in a long time.

Porterhouse steak - especially one the size that I snagged up - does not cost $6.50.

No, it costs double or more that. Porterhouse is my most favorite steak out of all of them. It's EXTREMLY tender and tastes wonderful barely cooked. Like, bloody on the inside, lol. The rareness that I like to eat steak often grosses people out. Warm it up a little, I'm good to go.

Anyway, long day at work. Did not have a chance to stop and eat, so I went about 22 hours without eating. I blew my diet a bit on Sunday so I'm attempting to make up for it. Eating a single steak and some baked potatoes with fat free sour cream on it? NOT going to blow my diet. About 600 calories in that steak and baked potatoes have almost no fat calories. Yes, I ate around a 1,000 calorie meal, but it's the only meal today, so no biggies. I won't be hungry again after eating steak, that stuff fills me up and I won't even be thinking about food until tomorrow morning.

3 days to go to my 4-day weekend. I'm going to ask for 2 days off next month or in July as well. Memorial Day is coming up soon enough and that is a 3 day weekend. I just want some time off. Really, I'm thinking about asking for a full week off. Other drivers have taken much more time off this year than I have. I took 2 days off to get that thyroid scan which (fortunately) was a bust. Ummm, I was sick I think and took some days off for that as well. But neither of those were vacation days where you are - vacationing even IF staying at home.

Which reminds me, I need to get a copy of the schedule that shows the the locations of the houses that are going to show off their ponds at the pond expo. Take my camera, take a lot of pics. Get some ideas. I was sitting out there yesterday - I have a limited area of where to put the thing. I still can't believe SRP has a 25 FOOT easement in my back yard. Why do they need THAT much space? They DON'T is the answer. The J-box was already dug up once back there, was maybe a 4x4 hole. I am going to look into getting and amendment to that, there is absolutely no good reason for them to have that kind of an easement on my property. It means I can't build or do much of anything with it.

But, I didn't care and put up my shed back there anyway. I also planted all of those plants. But, that's ALL I have done with it. In reality, behind my house would be a great place to build a small casita/guesthouse. Not that I have the money to do any such thing right now, but it IS sitting on a shelf in my mind and I occasionally take it off the shelf to shake off the dust and give it a fresh look : )

I know where the utilities are located because they were marked when I had my house placed on this property - Their easement needs about 5 feet from the back fence, not 25 feet. It REALLY sucks to have that kind of restriction placed on YOUR own property. I didn't know anything about an easement here until after I bought the place. Considering the dilemna I was in at the time, I would have bought it anyway.

Well enough whining, I haven't even bothered to find out if you can ask them to change it so until I do that, I'm going to put a zip on it.

No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...