Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday

Another jetliner crash? Absolutely incredible - all killed excepting a 10 year old boy. You know, I read the news in the morning online and some of it is pretty hair-raising stuff. This talk about Iran, North Korea and Syria being a new axis of evil is just that kind of thing. But - evil not only exists in this world, it is bred, raised and nurtured by people whose intentions are - evil, frankly. When I look at the president of Iran, that's exactly what I see (and hear): and evil person with ill intent. I definitely do not believe sanctions against these nations will EVER work.

They will continue on with their mission to build nuclear weapons and then....what? Blow up the earth? It is conceivable that a rogue nation such as Iran will not care what the consequences of using such a weapon are and I state that because they believe they are on God's side and the rest of us are vermin, rodent-like trash that needs to be eradicated from the earth.

3rd day of this work week and my hopes are dashed yet again. No trip to the mountains. In fact, I will only be driving around town doing pickups and deliveries. I am hoping for a trip to the mountains to get some more rocks for my waterfall and lining the pond edges. However, tomorrow I am going to the far, southeast valley and I know a couple of places where I might be able to find some cool rocks to pick up and bring back with me off of the Indian Reservation.

Of course, the question that evolves in my mind after making such a statement is: is that legal? Can you take rocks - plain old rocks - from the Indian Reservation legally? I have NO idea, but I will be looking after work online to find out or possibly call the "legal department" of the Gila River Indian Reservation to find out. Last thing I want to do is end up in an Indian Reservation jail.

Anyway, work day is here already,

c'yall later!

ben

2 comments:

Fin said...

That very term "axis of evil" really smacks of 1984. If you have not read that George Orwell novel, you should.

Anonymous said...

I think I read that book several times when I was a kid. It's an interesting phrase, and perhaps there is a scintilla of truth to it, who knows. However, I would be almost shocked to learn, if it were true, that you are to believe that Iran's intentions are anything but hostile towards both Israel, the U.S. and whoever else they don't take a liking to, which would be anyone/entity/country that does not embrace Islamic teachings and belief.
ben

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...