Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Conversation With Myself

I have complained about the heat long enough. I have been out in it working 5 days a week. I help my manager move 3 days in a row - in extreme heat, in direct sunlight. I have lived in this nonsense for decades now. I shouldn't be complaining. Yes, I am.

However, my excuses, I decided, are not enough to not dig those freaking holes for those ponds. Where do I get off complaining about heat? Okay, it IS hot here - this week saw 2 days of 115 degree highs. It was 109 out there today.

I'm not going to have unfinished projects around here simply because of my whining about how hot it is. START THE FRICKIN' PROJECT, WORK THROUGH IT AND GET IT DONE. Thank you. This was my conversation to myself today - if only in my head.

So, I put on my old boots, my straw, wide-brimmed hat, got a huge cup of ice water and went out there with pick and shovel and started in on this deal. 4 separate times I have been out there today. My modus operandi is to water the ground, dig out what I can and water it some more. The ground I am digging is both very hard and full of rocks. HARD digging and picking. Water helps to loosen up the soil and make the digging easier.

I am now, finally, motivated. I will have that large pond hole dug in a few days - or sooner. There will be a feeder pond to it, I will be happy to get the big one done.

That's it. I have nothing more. There is plenty going on - in my life and in this world, but - today was enough.

G'day.

ben

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought we had hot temps here but 115 degrees takes the cake! :(

Just be sure to keep yourself well hydrated, Ben.

Lynne
Western Australia

John0 Juanderlust said...

we need to invent cheaper, easier ways to cool off. That's the trouble when utilities are centralized--you have no influence and price can go out of sight. Near as I can tell the sun never sets in Arizona.

BenB said...

Lynne, you guys DO have hot weather over there, just not quite as hot as the Sonoran Desert in the summertime. I do drink lots of water when I'm outside.
John, the Corporation Commission here - the entity that regulates power companies - gives both SRP and APS almost carte blanche pass when it comes to them asking the Commission for rate increases. I will be making an attempt to at least get the information out there next time those people are up on the voter chopping block about how many times they allowed both of those power companies to raise their rates. SRP got a 5% increase earlier this year, I don't doubt they will be asking again for more.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BenB said...

If you are going to leave a caustic remark on my blog, I am going to remove it. At LEAST have the balls to post those kinds of remarks under your blogger name or signing off on the end. I removed a comment because of it's anonymity - if someone is going to come here and post S***, I am going to go over to their blog and post the same type of S***.

lakyd said...

see page that site have a peek at this site site click reference content

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...