Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday 3/24/2012

Another Marathon work day yesterday.  About 1:00 pm, I'm sitting at the main branch, calling the salesman on the account that is working on the new Intel plant.  "I'm down here, right now, is there anything ELSE that we are doing today?". He calls all the supervisors out there and they tell him, no, they are good, don't need anything.

So, I take the load I have on the truck to, where else, the Intel plant and figure the day is over after that.  2:00 pm.  Salesman calls, I'm still sitting on the site waiting for yet another contractor that we are also delivering goods to out there.  The call is telling me that I am going to have to run all over west Phoenix, pick up all kinds of stuff, go back to the yard, pick up more stuff and then deliver it - today, being yesterday.

Balk. It will be at least 5:00 pm, if not later, I reply, and they will have gone home by then.  The plan changes, just get the stuff we have at our yard he will go to 2 of the places, the 3rd vendor - which is way over in west Phoenix, we can do on Monday, according to the supervisor on-site that the salesman talked to.

Pass 30  minutes.  Another call.  The supervisor's manager changed that.  Nope, we need that part today to install tomorrow morning.  So, after finally getting out of that place at 3:10 pm, I knew I was in for a horrid time in traffic.  Friday afternoon, everyone wants to get home.  Indeed. I didn't get home yesterday until 7:00 pm.  9 hours of overtime for this week.  Undoubtedly will get more OT next week.  I was so tired, driving home was a chore.  I got in here and collapsed on the chair.  It wasn't 12 hours of driving, it was 12 hours of loading and unloading, move this, shift that plus I hadn't eaten enough food for that much of a work load/day.

So, here it is, 9:00am Saturday morning and I have had enough work for one week.  Too bad I still need to get up on the roof of that trailer and do more work up there.  Debating whether I really want to exert the energy to do any of that today or not.  I could do the small vent in relatively short order, I do believe, as long as the grinder doesn't blow up in my face.

But, I also want to get some flowers that Home Depot has for my front planters.  I have 3, nice looking planters out there that have much of nothing in them at the moment. A few flats of flowers would fix that nicely.

Maybe I'll head that way and stop at Waffle House or Denny's.  I haven't eaten in quite a long time now, about 17 hours and then, it was only 2 very small sandwiches.  9 hours before that was a salad and 15 hours before that was dinner.  The point? I'm hungry!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I guess I sent my mother into despair tonight unintentionally.  We were on the phone talking for quite a while and inevitably the discussio...