Tuesday, April 23, 2024

 Tuesday mid-morning

My expensive office chair that is only like 3 years old is done.  Hydraulic pressure leaks out and the seat sinks to the bottom most position.  For a person with long legs, that doesn't work.  I dunno if these chairs can be fixed, it was an almost $400 chair.  

Anyway, I decided leaving early was a waste of time and probably made the plant manager upset.  So, I intend on leaving at around 10:30 am and get to Gurdon around 12:50 pm.  It is what it is, shrugs shoulders, deal with it, move on.  It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go to the yard after that and waste many more hours in today's ordeal. 

The Kubota dealer is bugging me about buying a tractor even tho I flatly told him his prices were worse than the John Deere store just down the road from me.  These stores are all firm on their prices and won't budge.  I'm needing a tractor, yes, Im not needing more debt slavery.  I just don't know if I want to get into those kinds of payments, therefore, I'm just sitting on it until I can make a decision.  

Swepco says may average bill is "$536", I was looking at their averaged monthly payment plan.  The problem? It goes back the previous 12 months, averages it out and then that's what your payment is.  Yeah, This time last year the park wasn't full.  However, the summer months were wild in terms of high prices so it's kind of strange it came up to that amount.  I would love to have that kind of payment every month!  In fact, the smallest bill I'll incur is during the spring months but if full, that bill is still going to be in the $800 range.  Guess I need to go through another year with the park full/nearly full to get a real averaging, until then, I'm just going to remain on whatever the current bill is.  

I'd just like to spread it out over the months and not have $2,500 in July while it's $800 in April.  

We must be slowing down for some reason for my loads are not that many.  I have today to finish this run, off tomorrow, another late run Thursday and Friday, off the weekend (which I didn't ask for, in fact, I said I would be happy to work this coming weekend) and then working Monday.  

The guys at the washout said the new guy is working his butt off, in there all the time.  I'm going to ask them again if he's still coming in there every other day, if he is, we're going to have issues.  Getting a pay raise but subsequently getting a work reduction isn't going to work for me.  Yes, I don't want to work, that's a given, I need  to work and was fully set on that idea.  Now they have this new guy and they'll just hand him the runs since he's working for lessor pay?  I could be wrong, of course, so I will wait and see what the washout people say on Thursday.  

That's only 2 runs in this week starting Monday, that doesn't pay the bills. It doesn't keep me where I can just live off the trucking money and keep the business account money IN the business account.  The best laid plans of men.....On the other hand, Thursday's run is the only run that day, according to dispatch.  So, maybe I'm actually getting more work than this new dude and these people at the washout are just saying that because he worked the weekend.  That or dispatch is lying to me.  I'll just stick with not lying, they don't seem to be that kind of people that work the office. Pretty much down to earth and honest, I do believe.

I guess the good news is that in the next 2 weeks, there will be a lot of money in that business account, if I need some of it, it's there.  

My mother is sending another 5k.  It's in the account, it's just pending. Remember, I am still sitting on the last money she sent.  With this extra money, I can easily install a septic system and get the electrical setup done.  There would still be dirt work, pad creation, trenching and installing pipe and electrical and gravel to go.  The plan would be to get 5 more spots in there.  

However.  If I just sit on this money as well and if  can save up enough money in the business account, I could just apply for a loan with the required 20% down and get all 15 lots done at once.  That doesn't pay for a pool, tho, so I guess I would have to save up 30k. I'm dead set on a pool because I am 100% sure it would not only draw people in, it would also enable me to increase my rent rates.  Or, charge a monthly fee for long term pool users and have a coded entry door to it - and a camera.  Well that's lame! I can hear the non--payers saying.  It would be open to any overnight guests and any long term guests that pay the extra fee.  It's just a gimmick to keep a park full and get more money out of the park.  

My current finances? I am getting close to half the money down I would need.  I do wonder if I put up collateral and that down money that I currently have if I could get the loan anyway?  I have the paperwork to fill out for the local bank.  Fill it out and find out.  This RV park business is going to get to where i want it, somehow, some way. This truck driving crap is for the birds, and I'm quite sure the birds don't like it either.  You get me double the income I have now and I can live off of that.  Doesn't mean I would quit my trucking job right away, just means that I would have a lot more income to then invest in amenities.  Besides a pool, a clubhouse  - not too large but big enough for small events to rent it out - would be nice as well as a pavillion.  And other things.

It's just a plain, basic park right now, hence I don't charge as much as other places to in order to get people to move in there.  

So, I have more pondering to do now.  Like, getting into a tractor loan would probably not be good for trying to get a business collateral loan with down payment.  If I really wanted to go crazy, add a house construction loan to it.  If I ever do that, it would likely be by splitting up the property into 2 - one being the 7ish acres of the RV park and the other the rest of the property in the rear.  It would take a real estate lawyer to draw that up for not only would the properties need to be legally separated into 2, the driveway easement would have to be written into it for permanent access to the rear of the property through that driveway. Otherwise, if I ever sold the RV park but wanted to keep the rear property, they could just nix my access and there would be no way in there excepting through gas line easements and that simply wouldn't work.  You aren't actually entitled to gas line easements on other people's property. 

As I always say, lots of things swirling around inside my head.

The main thing going on in there right now? 

It's time to get some coffee made, in the thermos and get out of here.  I am guessing I'll be lucky to be home by 7 or 8 tonight.

G'day

No comments:

 Wednesday - night Washout was crazy, 4 trucks there. I have only seen 1 other truck there when showing up before, this time, there was 1 ah...