Friday, April 12, 2024

 It took many more hours than usual to mow the lawns for the grass was tall.  It was one of those situations where you have to go over certain patches a couple of times to bring it down.  I also had a bad fall that feels really good right about now.

I was backing up at a site and forgot there was a fire ring behind me.  Yup, I tripped on the ring and my lower torso on the right side landed square on the thin metal wall sticking up.  There is this line going across that area that is black and blue.  I'm telling ya...it was a stupid mistake but I guess nothing serious, just painful. 

I mowed all 14 lots, the only thing left now is riding mower work, which is the easy stuff.  

I don't quite understand people wanting to get into conversations when they can plainly see that I am working and trying to get stuff done, but that happened several times which dragged the process out even further.  

The man on lot 5 - who hasn't been there in at least 3 weeks and told me he was paying today never called.

So, bashful me called him.  I'm looking for my rent, your account is severely past due. He didn't answer, I left him a message. Then I started texting him.  There is no way I was going to let this go on any longer, pay up or that trailer is going to be moved off of that lot, plain and simple.  He did call back a few minutes later, I took credit card payment over the phone and he is moving out on Monday.  I have a tentative long term for Monday, tho they wanted to come in on Sunday, so they haven't made up their mind yet.  

__________________________

A few hours later.  Right side of my entire back is sore.  It isn't just where my side was impacted by the wall of the fire ring.  I was put into a pretty grotesque twisting position trying to break the fall, I probably pulled a/some muscle/muscles.  

I don't know, but everyone is telling me the impact area is purple.  Hard to see that portion of my body.  I opted against going to the youngest' baseball game tonight, I didn't think I would be in a very good mood to sit on a hard metal bench watching 7 year old baseball game.  

Plus I have to work in the morning.  There was no way around that.  If I took the weekend off, which was what they had me slated for, I would have been off for 7 days.  This is too much and I need the money.  Now, they have it for Saturday through Tuesday.  They tried to give me a Thursday run, but I texted them after they dumped that into my tablet and said no, I have Thursday off to go to Dallas for the school field trip at Medieval Times.  So they changed it to Friday load.

Meanwhile, more phone calls about RV spots. I'm trying to juggle things around to get people in there for the park is going to lose several people in the next coming days.  I think, anyway.  Lot 5 is definitely leaving.  Lot 12 apparently found a place to rent out, their own land.

I've been told that she is pissed because "no one would take in my packages" while she was gone. Well, she didn't tell me she was leaving anywhere and she didn't tell me about packages.  If she had, I would have been happy to deal with it.  She told other people, but she didn't ask them to move the packages out of the elements and yes, those packages got rained on for 3 full days.

Shrugs shoulders. If you want my help, ask me, I'll help you.  I don't read minds.  I don't know that you have 10 packages being delivered.  I don't even know that you are moving out.  She either bought or renting land, I'm hearing different versions of the story. All well and fine, I need a move out date.  She is paid up til the end of the month, tho.  I'm guessing that will be the end of it and she will have that trailer moved out of there.  

And then there's the family.  No clue when they're leaving but the last I heard, they had struck a deal with someone.  Of course, it's months between striking a deal, making the sale, signing off on the paperwork and then, after the sale is complete, getting power, water and sewer run to the property.  People tend to leave me in limbo about their leave dates and I have gotten used to it.  I just work very proactively the second I find out they are leaving - or see that they have left - in getting the lot re-rented.  It may be time, soon, to run another Facebook ad. 

Right now, everything is rented besides the second alternate lot. The pull through has an overnighter tonight and another one tomorrow night, empty for 2 days and then more coming in. It pays for itself and at this rate, it pays much more than long term.  

Oh, forget that, I just remembered another phone call I just got: the second alternate site is going to be rented out tomorrow.  It works out so wonderful sometimes. Other times, not the greatest but as long as lots aren't empty for a month or more, it's fine.  

The only problem with the second alternate site being rented is that power issue.  I didn't get to it this week - taxes ate up my time. I'm still not through with that, I took today off. I will get back to it tomorrow after I return from Lufkin.  I'm hopeful a couple more hours of that stuff and I will be comfortable enough to hit the send button and transfer it over to the IRS electronically.  Ok, I didn't take today off, obviously, I took today off from taxes, not from working.  I am grateful I had these days off, I wouldn't have had time to work and do taxes.  

Well, I'm going to go lay down.  I don't feel very well right now. Probably take a Tylenol for the pain.  








No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...