Monday, April 22, 2024

 Monday - 8:00 am

I mean, it's a 1:00 pm load and they don't like people showing up too early at the plant, so I'm just sitting here biding my time until I figure I can leave, get the trailer washed out and show up there at the plant maybe an hour early.  Or less, actually, maybe leave here at 9:30 am and then I'll only be maybe a half hour early.  They pulled that stunt a while back on the second load where they made me wait an hour and half after my appointment time, I just don't need a repeat of that.  Might as well just sit at home and drink coffee.

Tomorrow is the much longer day with not only a late load, but having to stop at the yard and switch trucks.  Since I have the late load, I will just leave here early, go to the yard first, switch out and then go to Gurdon.  It's 2-1/2 hours to El Dorado, actually more like 2 hours 45 minutes even tho it's a shorter distance than going to Gurdon.  Half hour at least at the yard switching out and then almost 2 more hours up to Gurdon? I'm just leaving here at my normal time for the early load and that should have me in Gurdon after noon.  

Meanwhile, I'm watching these anti-Israel protestors.  Their premise is absurd, their reasoning is based on propaganda.  Hamas is the target, a terrorist group that has done nothing but murder innocent people since it's inception. They have no loyalty to the Palestinians.  Israel is not targeting Palestinians but these people are calling it genocide.  They completely ignore the atrocity Hamas committed against Israel in killing innocent civilians inside Israel territory, they don't care that Hamas used and uses Palestinian civilians as human shields, they are right!  

But, we've seen such protests at universities through the decades of my existence, I just think this takes it to the next level, but on a religious perspective.  Israel is the apple of God's eye and coming against it may be setting yourself on dangerous territory. At the same time, the Bible tells us that the "beast" will rise up in Jerusalem at the holy temple itself and tells the Jews to run to the hills when they see the signs of this occurring.  It would not surprise me in the least if we were at the verge of the end times.  

And we have this sham of a trial against Trump going on today in federal court. Sorry, but I don't believe this and the rest of the charges being brought against him are anything but a political hit job.  The left fears Trump being elected into his second term as President and they are and have been willing to do anything to stop him.  There is a long list of things they have already tried, this is just the next cog in the wheel of a two-tiered justice system.  

Whatever. I just shake my head in disgust at the way politics and politicians are acting out right now, along with the DOJ and other prosecutors who have a mission to stop him from becoming President. Let the people decide at the ballot box.  I believe these trials are turning Trump into a political martyr and will have the opposite effect that these people believe it will have.  Even the polls are showing that people that are undecided on who to vote for are saying that these charges are politically motivated.

I guess I'm a bit more interested in the Middle East tho, because of the potential for what the Israel-Palestine-Hamas-Iran situation could turn into.  

My latest paycheck wasn't as good as the previous one. I expected that, however, for I was off too many days. In fact, they still haven't updated the tablet, I have no idea what days I will be working this coming week, which is a bit unusual for this company that normally loads the thing up with work going on 10 days in advance.  

I keep watching CreditKarma for they are the best source of loans that I have found - anywhere.  So far, the best offer is 17.9% on a 5 year loan for 20k.  That is actually much better than any of the other offers available.  I've got offers in there for 32k loans that have you end up paying 28k in interest.  So, yeah, no.  The feds have indicated they aren't convinced about inflation and that they aren't yet ready to start lowering interest rates again.  What a jacked up system.  Make us pay!  I wonder why the federal government should have that much control over  the monetary system to begin with.  

This nonsense all started with COVID, people getting ridiculous amounts of "free money" and spending trillions of dollars in "covid relief" stimulus.  The government spends ridiculous, unbelievable amounts of money we don't have on a crisis that didn't need that much money thrown at it, tells people to stay home while they're at it and then...we have the mess going on now.  Oh, it's the best economy in 40 years! ...they tell us, while completely ignoring the fact that interest rates have skyrocketed, the cost of groceries are forcing people to use credit cards, the cost of energy has also skyrocketed....etc....ad-infinitum.  

I'll get off of that soapbox, I am watching the news and most of it is forgettable but there are snippets of the Israel protesters are universities, cops being killed and the Trump trial going on. OH! and let's not forget giving Ukraine 6i1 BILLION dollars!  Zelensky is NO friend of the US, btw.  

Anyway, what's up now?  Meh.  Collect money from the new guy, check my book to see who owes what and see if I can find the other new guy/wife and discuss what's next for them.  The amount that is deducted from their rent relies solely on the amount of work he will do.  

I haven't seen any signs, whatsoever, that the grass seed I put down is coming up. At all and anywhere.  I will be inspected the entire area again, but it appears that $83 is down the drain.  Ahh, so yeah. 

So, I may take the John Deere tractor offer. Maybe.  I need to see when that shed is going to be paid off.  That payment being redirected towards a tractor payment would cover about 2/3rd's of the monthly payment and coming up with the rest would be relatively easy.  I'm waiting for the next statement to come in from the loan company for the shed, I throw those things in the trash as soon as I get them and didn't check what the payoff date is the last one that showed up.  I think it's getting close, like 5 or 6 months.  

The fact of the matter is: I need some kind of earth moving equipment out there.  Endless renting may work, I guess, I'm still weighing the advantages and disadvantages.  If I could get a tractor with a backhoe attachment, this would help greatly.  Trenching becomes readily available without renting a machine every time.  

Honestly, to, I'd rather get a new vehicle.  Not new new, but something a little closer to the year we are currently in. That thing is 13 years old, a gas guzzler and tho it's been pretty reliable, the the seats and the carpet is getting bad and if I'm going to keep it, I'm going to have to have it reupholstered.  The exterior is still in great condition, a few small dings from people opening their car doors against it.....

A tractor payment would come out of the business account, but a car payment would be personal finances.  It's not really in the cards right now, I'm just dreaming I guess.  

I really just need another 15 lots out there.  And a swimming pool to draw people in there.  

And with that, it's getting close to departure time.

G'day

No comments:

 Wednesday - night Washout was crazy, 4 trucks there. I have only seen 1 other truck there when showing up before, this time, there was 1 ah...