Sunday, April 21, 2024

 A fun day.

Church was good and the message really got me to thinking about my relationship with the Lord and also the end times.  He didn't specifically say or intone that we are in the last times, I have had my own thoughts about that tho.  Really, what it boils down to is, whether Christ returns in our lifetimes or not, are we prepared to meet our Maker?  Because it's going to happen regardless.  I pretty much got lost in thought and had to resurface to take in more of the message.  

After that, to Applebee's.  It took about 30 minutes to get our food. For that place and considering the place was nearly full (which is miraculous in itself), I was pretty happy about it. Our waitress was attentive and returned often enough to check on us but not too often, if you understand that.  It is actually just as irritating to have a server coming back too often as it is one that doesn't come back often enough.  This was the bartender serving us tho, even tho we were nowhere near the bar.  Either they were short handed or the GM was just making sure we were getting half decent service - yes she was there.

At the end, I did tell the waitress that I wanted the comp meal. She gave a weird look on her face, comp meal? Yes, this meal is free, just ask the GM, she knows about it.  Maybe 5 minutes later she came back with a receipt, it was $70 which is actually more than we usually spend there.  I tipped the bartender more than 20%, I'm not going to stiff her simply because this was supposed to be a free meal.  I really don't stiff servers at all unless it's really, really, reeeeaaaalllllyyyyy bad service.  And if it's that bad, the management is going to be called over, which I rarely ever do either, excepting in this case where I spent an hour and forty five minutes waiting for my food - which never arrived.  

I think most people would agree waiting almost 2 hours for food, being told 3 times during that wait that it's "done" and still not arriving, that you would probably walk out of the place and you would have a beef with whoever is responsible for it.  Or not, we are all different and we don't all have the same gearing in our reactions to things. 

After that, we went to the "Touch A Truck" festival. It's where businesses and government entities bring their trucks and rigs.  Fire trucks, ambulances, school busses, all kinds of police vehicles, hearses, other kinds of rigs and all kinds of tent booths set up giving kids free fidget toys and candy.  We stayed there for 3 plus hours going to every single booth and truck. My legs gave out on me and the boys were finally getting tired at the end as well. We had found a large area in the grass where they had wands that you dip into 5 gallon buckets filled with water and liquid dish soap to make floating bubbles.  They did that for quite a while along with dozens of other kids before they finally got tired of it and agreed, yes, it's time to go home.

Didn't matter, they were all tearing everything down and leaving anyway. 

Home.  Watched a few movies, kept getting asked to watch kids playing video games, so attention divided between the 2 and now? 9 pm, going to bed in an hour or so.  I don't have to get up particularly early since I have the late load and the plant is none too keen on people arriving there too early, they'll just make you wait.  I figure to show up there after noon, maybe around 12:30 or even a little later.  So, yes, I don't need to get up early for that. It's an hour and a half to the washout, usually around 30-40 minutes to get that done, 35 minutes to the plant from there.  

Oh, and yes, that dude did indeed show up to the park today, trailer in tow and parked at lot - 4 I think. Doesn't really matter, just didn't want him at lot 1.  I never went over there today, no need to and was too busy taking it easy. This week, I have no idea beyond Monday and Tuesday, unless they have updated the tablet, one moment please.....play some Jeopardy music.....oh my, I left the thing in the car. I guess I'll have to go out and get it, I always check it the night before and the morning of any run.  They change it too often and don't give a head's up.  I do want to work tomorrow, well, I don't want to work, I need to work, let's clarify that. 

I definitely didn't want the late load. Oh well.  

Reservations keep coming in for 1, 2, 4 day stays.  This is great. Almost tempted to leave 2 spots open for short term stuff.  We'll see.  If the demand picks up, I will leave 2 spaces empty, excepting now. If another person wants to come for long term, I'm giving the other available spot out, for I know more people are leaving soon and I will need the people in there.  

Which reminds me, I guess I need to get that tractor back over there and do the driveway yet again.  Hands are tied on that one, can't leave it like that. So, $800 about to get removed from the account for earth moving equipment rental. The tractor and the mini ex.  I'm just going to wait until they do, for unknown reasons, not give me anything for trucking for 2 or more days and get that stuff done.  I might be able to get that new guy to help me with the underground wire installation.  

Enough. Going to bed soon.  

No comments:

 Friday - evening Guess it's been a couple days since updating. Uhh, I think 2 trailers pulled out today.  I'm not sure if it's ...