Thursday, April 25, 2024

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various packages and get back to me, presumably tomorrow since it's almost 8 pm already.  

5 days off work and not having worked that much the week leading up to it isn't going to play out too well on my next paycheck.  I will be forced to take an owner's draw from the business account, unfortunately. I don't want to eat into the money my mom gave me.  I haven't taken much from that account this year, however and hope to keep it down quite a bit.  

I was speaking with the new people, the man is doing all kinds of work at the park.  He was contacted by a former employer asking him when he's coming back to work? He was working a golf course in Oklahoma somewhere, they lay him and others off during the winter season.  Not much of a job if you have to go find a new one every winter, but that's just my view of it. 

They are stuck here.  They have their trailer and receive a bit of money every month from a rental house they have somewhere, or so they say.  Real nice people, the man is far from lazy, I will give them free lot rent as long as they stay if the work keeps up.  I also gave them permission to take the refrigerator out of the motorcoach if they want it.  I warned them of rats and cockroaches in the unit, but I am pretty sure it still works and yes, the inside of the thing is disgusting, sorry.  I mean, this guy is the kind of person I have been looking for and I didn't even know they were interested in working around the park until after they moved in. 

I need the help, frankly.  

___________

Interlude.  Text message informing me the washing machine won't accept quarters. That thing filled up quick!  I ran over there and emptied the bins on both machines, quite the haul.  And, finally remembered to measure the blades on the riding mower, however, I took a pic of the model number of the machine so I would get the correct parts the first time.  

Those have been ordered and here between the 28th and May 2.  It was the fastest shipping I could find for the kit, everything else was going to take even longer.  Shrugs shoulders.  It will be repaired next week providing it arrives and it's all the correct stuff.  One of the things that hooks up to the pulley on the top to make the blade turn on the bottom was broken and wasn't working at all.  The blades were completely trashed. 

I knew the blades were trashed, I didn't know why the mower wasn't cutting. Taking off that deck wasn't the easiest thing in the world but it wasn't terribly difficult either.  It's that part about laying on your side, removing the pins to drop the thing off of there.  Once you get that accomplished, it just slides right out and you can put it up on it's side to inspect the bottom.  I thought about ordering a new deck - until I saw the price tag at almost $350 and said no thanks.  We'll just hope this will do it, if there are more parts needed, then so beit.  

And another 4 night stay just booked on the second lot I am using for overnighters, coming in tomorrow.  This would be great if I could get enough business on the 2 lots to keep them overnight/short stay lots.  My daily rate is the lowest in the area.  Not by too much, but enough to attract those that are staying here for local attractions or usually, something to do with one of the 3 colleges in town. Oh. Well the second overnight lot is temporary - but if it could fill up with enough reservations I would make it permanent or at least keep it open for a few months.  

I don't like charging less, but it's the only thing that has worked to get the business in there.  My reputation is slowly growing.  I still only have 10 google reviews that, that kind of sucks.  After all of these people coming and going and a number of them saying how much they like it, it would be great if they could express that to the world and let people know it's a good overnight stop or long term location. 

I'm trying to craft a path forward here.  In regards to expanding the park. It must be done and I don't want to wait forever.  I'm 60 years old, my energy is slowly dissipating and my stamina as well.  I can still work and get stuff done on the physical labor side, but it's not the same as it was 10 years ago even.  It would have been nice to have started this endeavor 10 years ago, I would be sitting pretty right now.  

I just know that I don't have until the second of never to move along with this.  30 spots total is the next goal, maybe 45 after that.  What do I need? Money of course.  But, specifically, I need septic system.  I get another one of those in the ground and I'm going to be pushing ahead to get the rest of it done.  

I can pay cash for the septic system - if I get a tractor.  If I don't get a tractor, then it's going to be difficult but  not impossible to go ahead and get this situation rolling without getting a loan. 

I have been giving this whole thing considerable thought.  Waiting for a few years to expand is not the greatest idea.  At the rate I'm going, however, that's how long it would take to save up enough money for a sizeable down payment for the loan I would need to get this all done by a contractor versus doing it myself.  

Doing it myself means I can just do 3, 4 or 5 lots at first and then just add as I can afford it.  

It's getting late and my brain is fried right now. Far too much thinking today, lots of things came at me and it was a lot to take in.  Plus the daily grind of people wanting this and that, the new people needing a refrigerator, my mother, tractor inquiries, etc.  

No comments:

 Monday - evening Just got back from kids baseball game.  The boy hit a single to get on first base, but that was it, the next batter up str...