Monday, April 29, 2024

 I'm going to see my mom within the next 30 days and hopefully not too late.  I dunno if she has a day, week, month, year whatever to live.  She is pushing me to come get the truck, but I think she just wants to see me, as I also want to see her.  Might be the last time I see her in this earthly realm.  She offered the truck a couple of years ago as part of my inheritance after she passes, apparently she wants to take care of that now.  I dunno, it'll be nice to have a pickup, yes, but the means of getting it means another person's demise. 

In this case, her eyesight is going out.  I had no idea, the last time we talked she said she had 20-20 vision from all the stuff the eye doctors did.  I have no idea what happened between then and now, I will just wait to ask her in person.  I just have to figure when.  I'd like to just go on Memorial Day weekend, it would be a one way ticket since I'm driving back, perhaps the ticket won't be quite as expensive?  I dunno, I think I have enough credit card points to cover airfare.  

This isn't really a good time for me in case I'm coming off any other way.  Felt like a gut punch once she started talking the way she was today. It wasn't that she was down or anything, it's just that it's obviously getting close to the end.  She didn't say that the docs gave any timeline, they just told her she needed brain surgery, the bubble would end up doing - something I guess at some point and that would be the end of it.  

My son called her today after I informed him the news of what's going on and he had a good conversation with her as well.  This isn't, however, one of those times where I can put off a visit until the next-of-never, it must happen soon, at least in my thinking.  

These trips aren't particularly expensive if I incline myself to keep it that way.  Airfare covered, I don't have hotel expenses and I don't have travel expenses in town beyond an Uber to her house from the airport and an Uber back.  

Anyway, it's getting late and I am getting up at 5:30 am so I am getting offa here. Just got back a little bit ago from soccer practice, both boys went. The younger just likes to go and find other kids to play with, the older has the practice and the coach is really trying hard to teach them the science of how to win games versus what happened last game on Saturday. They just haven't quite gotten it through their heads that you don't all just bunch up in a group where the ball is traveling, you keep yourselves spread out and once one of your team mates gets the ball, he/she can kick it across field or up ahead to someone waiting.

They just kept getting bunched up last time and the other team took advantage of it.  Now, the other team is in a youth traveling league and it's highly competitive, the kids on our team are all new to the game or maybe have a year of soccer from the last season under their belts.

Well, I just don't feel like writing right now.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurts to lose a Mom, no matter your age.

 Monday - late evening Sunday loading went by very fast and today offloading was the same.  I was home before 1 pm today, that's pretty ...