Sunday, April 28, 2024

 Saturday - Noon

Got up late, was going to go with the folks to the soccer game but, they left far too early for me to even get going.  To the point that I got up, shaved/showered, drank coffee, went and got fuel after they left and still got there on time, lol.

I have a bit of a juggling act to accommodate for everyone, however, the next 3 day stay are tent campers with a tent "van" thing.  I am just going to put them out back - but - I am also going to warn them that it's going to be raining, if the forecast is correct, the entire time they are there.  I've camped out in the rain, it's not particularly pleasant.  Not much to do if you don't want to get soaking wet and you are likely to get wet anyway.  I'll leave that up to them.

The TYM place emailed back.  For all of that equipment it's over $500 per month.  Not even close to my intended budget.  I wrote back and told them a lessor HP tractor would work and eliminate the hoe attachment and that should bring it well down into my budget, maybe.  We'll see.  With John Deere being the only player in town, this TYM dealer is the next closest, or competing with the Kubota dealer in terms of distance which is probably a few miles further away in a different town. 

I gladly give up the convenience of having everything near you in big cities to the wonder of living out in the country, owning your own property and breathing clean, fresh air.  

It just seems to me that everyone is pretty much near everyone else - tho I will wait and see if a lower HP unit with TYM will bring down the price significantly.  The other places are quoting for much less HP and I can probably get away with it.  I just don't think it's prudent to get into such high payments at this time.  Especially with a 7 year long payment plan.  

Anyway, sitting on the sideline today with the folks, I commented on how well the goalie was doing keeping the opposing team from scoring, he was stopping everything.  I hear a voice behind me say something like "I would appreciate it if you would keep your comments to yourself, my son just started playing soccer this year and ...blah blah blah".  I had to think about that for a minute.  I didn't negatively comment on anyone, so I was at a loss.  I sat there and asked: "are you talking to me?". Yes sir.  

So, this lady's son was goalie before this latino kid took his place, the coach was moving them around a lot.  She apparently thought that I was somehow disrespecting her child that was the last goalie that was in the position.  I decided to bite my tongue rather than engage a Karen.  I made a compliment about a kid's performance and this person is addressing me about her child that had nothing to do with the conversation we were having?

And why was she sticking her nose into other people's conversations? Why was she standing directly behind me? I didn't even know she was there until she said something.  It took something for me not to say anything.  Just rude and really none of her business.  I finally said "I wasn't disparaging anyone".  She said nothing back.  I never turned to look at her, I figured that would just escalate the situation that shouldn't have started in the first place. 


The game over, I stood up and looked, she was glaring at me.  Again, better to just keep my mouth shut but I had to ask everyone else I was with if they thought I said anything disrespectful to or about any players? No, not at all.  They heard the whole thing and agreed she was out of line.  Yea, I did youth sports in the role of board member, umpire and coach, among other titles, I never once thought about talking about a kid's "bad" performance. They're out their learning, you compliment them when they do something well and try to build them up, not tear them down. That's not even in my nature, to start tearing down kids.  

I'm keeping my video recorder ready to turn on at future practices or games.  It is highly likely that someone that feels the need to interject herself like that? Will do it again, even if I"m saying nothing at all.  This is classic Karenism, regardless of skin color.  I've learned that it's better to simply call the police and let them deal with it.  Things like that can escalate quickly, I want no part of it.  Maybe if I see her again I will just offer a friendly hello and tell her how great her kid is doing and see if that helps at all. Or, just ignore her and mind my own business, as I was doing in the first place.

Whatever the case, I went over to the Park afterwards and collected rent from the new people.  Had a long conversation with them, I try to feel people out and potentially see how they are going to interact with others. They said they already had and everyone seemed like nice people. Good, that's what I like to hear.  

Noted the 4 day stay and decided to charge their card when i got home. However, the card wasn't stored in the file in such a way that I could just charge it and end of story. I had to go into the history, find where they paid and pull up the "save customer profile".  I can't do that, however, without the card holder's permission, so I emailed them and hopefully hear back soon. That, or go back and collect the money in person.

I just spaced it when I was there, I really don't feel like going back.  The entire park is currently full, but as I've been saying, there are people fixing to leave soon.  I have no idea whether the crazy farmers are staying, the dog lady moved her stuff out but her trailer is still there. Upon asking, she said she'd either have it out before rent is due or she will pay me.  Fine.  Then there is the 1 month stay, they are good until the 1st, when I expect them to be leaving, at least from what they told me when they first came in. 

Next month, I would assume the college kids are leaving.  This is why I took these people in, I know more people are on their way out and I can cover the reservations I have.  Lot 1 is now the "new" overnight space, probably the best spot in the park.  I am trying to hold it for the long time guy that wanted it but whose slide out on his new trailer isn't working.  

____________

Had to go over to the park to welcome in a lady that wanted to tent camp.

The problem?  She didn't tell me about the teenagers.  She made it sound like she just wanted to enjoy the outdoors and tent camp overnight.  She didn't have to tell me, it became obvious they are not welcome wherever they were staying - family in Louisiana - and the grandpa had brought them over and dropped them off.  I dunno.  Seem like decent people, I just didn't know we were talking a family without a father.  The kids seemed ok, but you just never know.  Could be huge troublemakers for all I know, it's hard to tell.  You can't just look at a person and say: they are trailer trash! Or, they are cool! Or whatever.  

I'll be keeping an eye on them.  The price is right at $10 per night, it's more of an offering to the community for anyone that wants to tent camp and doesn't want to travel hundreds of miles to do so than it is to really help people out.  I don't mind helping people out, as long as they are respectful of my property and everything I have there, including the RV guests.  It'll motivate me to take daily walks with the dog to check the area in the back.  I have cameras on the amenities shed, they will obviously be using that.  

One thing that won't happen is any of these people moving into my motor coach.  I have definitely determined to gut it and start over on most of it, but, I'm trying to get James to help me out. Not for free, of course, I will pay him. He has been doing his side work at the same property for months now, no idea if they are ever going to end that or if they are just going to keep using his services.  The motor coach can wait until he can get to it.  

I actually think I would end up paying more in labor to fix that thing up than the parts and supplies themselves. The AC is replaced, that's the most expensive thing on probably any RV.  

No comments:

 Sunday - late morning Happy Mother's Day to any moms that read this blog!  Happy day for you!  Y'all are awesome! Church in 20 minu...