Monday, April 29, 2024

 Well.

When your mother tells you that her health is in a slide, you listen.  She is not one to complain about her ailments and health issues.  She wouldn't even say something about it unless it was something serious.

When she told me today that she is giving me the truck now and that, indeed, her health is in decline, I have no choice but to come to the conclusion that she may be in her final days among the living on this planet.  She's well up there in years.  

So, I'm planning a trip very soon back to AZ.  There is nothing else as important to me in this world than my mother.  I want to see her before she passes on.  She isn't laying on a death bed, she is home and dealing with it, but the writing is on the wall.  I will fly out there, spend a few days visiting and then drive back.  

___________

The new people decided that they were going to take half a dozen trash bags out of the shed today and have nearly used up an entire roll of paper towels. Note that a roll of paper towels in there usually last weeks if not a month, they don't get used that much.  They were also hanging out in there and that's when I said enough and contacted her about it.  They brought back the bags and left the shed post haste.  Sorry, but I gave specific instructions when they first came in and were already pushing it well beyond the line.  

I mean, I'm basically doing them a favor giving them a place to stay, quite cheap, while they figure out what they are going to do, but I have determined I am not going to let them stick around indefinitely.  

I've got one lot available atm and another coming available at the end of the week as the family of 3 have found a house to rent out and yes, they needed to get their space back. It's a pretty small trailer that they've been staying in for quite a long time now.  I don't blame them. Just makes it a challenge to get all of these spots re-rented in such a short period of time.  

I was stuck at the plant today 3-1/2 hours. They again decided to preload a truck at my appointment time.  As in, they started loading it a half hour after I arrived. There was no way to back into the bay where I load for that bay they were using blocks it.  After they finally got it loaded, they were having a problem with a valve so it was another hour plus to get that fixed and then they started loading the trailer.

I just don't appreciate this company I am working for and I've never seen a plant put their trucks ahead of outside trucks that have a set appointment time - all to preload their truck first. Like, that truck isn't even going out anywhere after they load it....

I need to make up my mind about a tractor. Do it or dump it out of my mind, it's been occupying too much space in my mind for some time now, I need to get that dealt with.  

And I don't really have anything else to say right now.  

No comments:

 Monday - late evening Sunday loading went by very fast and today offloading was the same.  I was home before 1 pm today, that's pretty ...