Wednesday, May 8, 2024

 Wednesday - 10:00 am

Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day be - well anyway, I don't care about today's agenda I made last night.  I woke up early this morning thinking, gee, I don't have to go to work today and have worked 9 days straight.  So I went back to sleep and thought nothing of time, for once.  It helps that the kids are off at school and the house is completely quiet, the only noise was one of the cats meowing at me.  She likes me, lol, not my cat but she is currently sitting on my leg.

Will I get anything done? Likely, I just have to get moving here.  I just figured I wouldn't have another day like this where there isn't anyone home, peace and quiet and might as well take advantage of it.  They changed my schedule, tomorrow is offload day but I'm loading Friday and delivering on Saturday, so my weekend is cut in half. I still have Sunday off, I insisted on that since I worked last Sunday, but sleeping in on Sunday is not the same as sleeping in during a weekday.  

I am tempted to drive down to the tractor place, tho.  I just wonder if that's really a good idea or not.  Of course, I could always go to John Deere, which is in town....it's not like they have a bad product, it's just limited in their proprietary ownership to the point apparently aftermarket products to attach to it aren't allowed.  So, you can't buy stuff cheaper.  The backhoe attachment is 12k for a john deere, it's around 6-7k for most other brands.  The TYM tractor they want me to consider is a much higher horsepower machine than what John Deere is offering and that's one of the biggest reasons I would rather do the TYM. They also seem to have good ratings/reviews.  

I'm just going to take the trailer up to the plant, unload it and switch it out tomorrow.   That thing has been in that condition for unknown amount of time, but looking at it, obviously quite a while.  

Now then, CVSA roadside check coming next week I think.  Yes, Tuesday through Thursday.  This is where they target certain systems on trucks and do highly extensive inspections.  However, after reading their website, it almost sounds scary.  They are going to be checking everything. I mean, for the list they have on there, just how long is one of these inspections going to take?  And people with controlled substances or alcohol in their trucks best beware: they will be searching the interior of trucks for such said contraband. That is "lose your CDL" type of thing where your license is suspended for at least a year and costs a truckload of money to "repair".  

I dunno, I've checked the truck, Love's did an intensive check of the truck yesterday as well and found nothing wrong with it.  There's only so much you can do before you just have to call it good.  The brakes are good, no audible air leaks, nothing leaking underneath, tight steering, the AC doesn't work that great but that's not anything they care about.  It has 2 horns and they both work.  I mean, I could go on and on with the endless list....and it's not automatic that I'll get pulled in anywhere, it's just something to think about and prepare for. I have everything, that's all I can say about it.

Well, I think I will go to Lowe's for some supplies, get a lunch and then go to the park.  I have tent people wanting to give me money, yes, please, you owe me.  I also need to deposit a sizeable amount of money into the business checking account, it's slowly growing, the amount of money in there I mean.  It's nice that the electric bill is already paid and it's out of there.  It's just that summer electric bills are coming.....There's still money to be made, just not as much as now when there is a mostly full park and the power bills are "low" comparatively speaking.  

Well, enough.  I just realized I need to go to Kroger's and since I have the time, might as well go get my hair cut.  

G'day

No comments:

 Saturday - afternoon It only took an hour to unload the truck.  It took a combined 25 minutes, however, to get security guards to the scale...