Friday, May 3, 2024

 Friday - evening

Guess it's been a couple days since updating.

Uhh, I think 2 trailers pulled out today.  I'm not sure if it's the camera or if they're gone.  

I'll take a look tomorrow.  The family was supposed to leave today, but it sort of looks like the college trailer is gone too. I don't have the camera adjusted to see that well over there, they were there earlier. Just taking a look to see if the family had left. 

I dunno, but if the place empties out, it empties out. I'll fill it back up sooner or later.

I am also losing either one or both of the remaining welders. Had a long conversation with the older guy yesterday. These are the people that have been there since shortly after the park opened last year.  Anyway, he said the work is slowing down around here and they only need one welder to stay, everyone else is going to be sent to New Mexico.  

This guy wants to stay, he likes my park and he likes the area. He said he'd tell me this weekend whatever the company decides to do.  If I lose both of them, I'll have 6 open spots all of a sudden.  It's the nature of the beast, I just will have to run ads until I get at least some of them filled back up.  

But I'm not doing that today.  I want to take some fresh pics over there after I get the big lot freshly mowed and let people see what they are potentially getting.  

Talked with mom a good while today.  I don't know that what's going on with her is an imminent death, apparently it's a "could happen anytime" type of thing but may not happen for years.  She did pop the news that she is giving her property to my oldest brother after she passes.  He bought a property near there about 7 miles away many years ago and built a cabin. I dunno what he's going to do with her property, but whatever, it makes sense that he gets it.  

She says she has everything set up so that it is fair, at least in her view and her view of it is the only view that matters when it comes to her possessions.  I wonder about my middle brother, she says he's really trying to change.  Like, a lifetime of being a total jerkoff kind of takes a while to get rid of.  But, at least he's trying. This is the one that came near death with the covid jab - read that correctly: not Covid itself, but the shot that allegedly helps stop you from getting it.  

Anyway, the tent people are starting to behave.  I had to tell them they can either abide by my rules of leave a couple of times before it got through their thick skulls that I am not playing.  You want to stay here, you are going to follow my rules.  

And I was informed that the guy that's been mowing everything made inappropriate remarks to the newest lady in the park.  Of course he did! Why would anything go smoothly? Lol.  I'll discuss that with him next time I see him, but the husband apparently had some words with him.  The husband is a young guy, beefy, doesn't appear to be the kind of person that takes a lot of ...stuff...from people.  I may not have to do anything except follow up with a conversation. I hope not.  

Work is humming along.  I'm on my third run this week, going up to Gurdon early in the morning to offload.  The load Sunday, unload Monday and I have late load on Tuesday.  The weather has been nice enough in terms of temperature that the truck with the AC problem hasn't been horrible. Not yet anyway.  

I don't know that I'm going to be able to get another septic system with this money my mother gave me.  I will have to pay some money for taxes when I go to register the truck here.  They make you pay a buyer's fee that is based on market value of the truck.  Kelley has it listed around median price of 20k in these parts.  It's a 2008 Tundra, fully loaded, the top of the line truck that was available in that model year.  It only has 55,000 miles on it.  It's in excellent condition, I think she hit the side of the garage at some point, but it's a small dent and is the only thing wrong with the exterior. The interior needs a good detail.  A lot of new/replaced stuff on it including tires.  

But, if it were just to go get the truck, that could wait.  Just want to see mom, visit friends, see my son and then go home.  I'll have to transfer the title to my name so I can get a "90 day drive out" permit, which allows you to drive it out of state to wherever you live. I dunno, hopefully I can apply for the title and get the permit right there as well?  Because I won't have a title to show them since they are going to have to process it?  I'll have to call them about that, perhaps it just requires that the title is signed over to me.  Different states, different rules.

I've made no decision on a tractor. No rush to make the wrong decision.  If I get into a contract, it is what it is.  No getting out of it, I am stuck with it for 7 years.  Hence it taking me a while to think it over, sit on it for a while, make no rush decisions.  If I don't get one after all of this rain is done and over with, I'll just go rent one to fix the driveway yet again.  

The doggie.  I've been working on getting some fat put on his skinny bones.  That dog's flesh was pulled into his ribs when I got him.  He's now starting to look healthy and normal rib cage appearance.  Still skinny, but not so bad that it looks like he's being starved.  He has so much energy, it's ridiculous. He runs around that back yard alllllll day long. Could you just transfer over a little of that energy to me? Please and thank you.

Well, it's getting late.  5:30 wake up calls via alarm going off can be ugly. I was sound asleep this morning when that thing went off and I wasn't feeling it. As in, not wanting to get up and go anywhere, much less to work.  

Oh, the farmers. They must like my place, they don't stay at any one place for long because of their fear of being shot by lasers and especially lasers with radiation.  Lol.  I ain't kicking them out for that, the only odd thing was when he confronted the regular that comes and goes with some frequency, but that guy thought it humorous.  Facing all of these people leaving? I'll definitely get another month out of them and be done with it.  I haven't heard anything from anyone about these people confronting them about lasers since that episode. 

Well, that's it for now.



No comments:

 Thursday - 8:00 am Funny how times flies when you don't want it to and vice-versa.  I got up this morning at 7:30, took a shower, sitti...