Saturday, May 11, 2024

 Saturday - evening

Just another day in paradise? 

Got up an hour later than normal for this run. Just wasn't feeling it and decided to get a little more sleep.  I did sleep well last night, at least.  That doesn't always happen.

Drove up there, it was nice and cool this morning, but it quickly got warm after I got up there, parked the truck and ended up shutting it off. I normally leave it running to keep the ac going, but since there is no ac, the only thing a running truck will do is heat it up inside of it even more.

I spent most of the time outside where it was much cooler.  Fortunately for me, this trailer can pump up to 38 pounds and the glue was relatively warm, making it come out of there in 67 minutes, which is quite good, really.  

Of course, what is a day owning an RV park without some sort of situation? I get a text: Mr B, this is so and so, this man is pacing around all over the place with a gun.  I don't feel safe, etc., so forth and so on. I wasn't there, I advised her to call the Sheriff's department.  She did, but they didn't come out that fast, so they must have ascertained in talking with her that it really wasn't as bad as the initially made it out to sound.  

I get that these people are a little wacky, I don't really think they are the next mass murderers to be seen on the nightly news.  I contacted him directly, are you walking around with your pistol in your hand? He denied it and denied having said anything to them. I didn't know what to think about the pistol, I didn't believe him about not saying anything. He's already admitted he's spoken to people already.   

I was pretty short with him.  Stop the nonsense or leave, is the basic message I gave him.  I'm not going to have those people running everyone out of the park.  The Sheriff deputy showed up just before I got back to the Park, he was there talking with the man while I was driving by.  I got the truck parked, brakes set, shut it off and...the deputy left before I could get to him.  

Anyway, that's it.  I got sidetracked with the freebie people - I'm calling them workampers for that is exactly what they are doing.  He had mowed a bunch of land today, I was happy that I had offered him free lot rent after I saw all the work he was doing.  He's taken a huge load off of me in terms of keeping the property looking nice.  The lady asked what else he could do?  Fix the riding mower, trim the trees and bushes overhanging the main driveway, since they asked.  They asked a bunch of other stuff but I finally broke free from them. I was ready to go home.  Not that I have anything grand to do, I've just been working all the time save for one day this week and will have tomorrow off, ready for some relaxation. 

Home, nothing going on here, just as I desired it to be.  Relatively quiet, the kids are home of course but they are busy with their games and mostly keeping the noise levels down.  

Now, what could I get done today? Go over and trim a couple of pull through lots.  He's mowed the main grass but didn't take down the grass on the edges.  He's afraid of throwing rocks. I just set the height adjustment all the way up and that does it. I can mow over the rocks without slinging them everywhere and it really doesn't matter, those 2 lots are empty atm.  

But, they won't be tomorrow and I want them looking nice. A man just called asking for 2 pull through lots for tomorrow and yes, he already paid for them.  I gave a small discount just because I can, a few dollars per lot, I don't normally do that but since they are empty and no calls on filling them so far, I don't mind getting something out of them versus the nothing they would have brought in.  

The family has now stated they are leaving this coming Friday.  Well, sorry to see them go, they need to pay up tho.  I'll be pushing that the closer we get to their departure date. They are paying pro-rated per my agreement to keep costs down.  They've been paying full price for what, 8 months now? And anyway, the lot is likely to be empty for a spell.  I just am not getting calls right now. I did fill up 2 of the lots that emptied out, but I have more to go.  Like, losing half the park all at once, that isn't something that will recover quickly.  Or will it? You never know.  You think, gee, I guess it's going to be empty for a while and the next thing you know, there are 2 people wanting long term lots.  It happens that way, more often than not. 

Well apparently it's card night. No idea when that decision was made, sort of want to, sort of don't.  The idea of just relaxing in my bed and watching movies sounds really good, especially on a night before a day off.  Of course, Monday won't be work laden, but I will have to get up earlier than normal but getting up to the shop, I will just be sitting there waiting.  Taylor has already offered me a ride home, lol.  I don't know if I'll need that, I just think I'll sit there til around noon and if they don't have it done by then, ask them how long they think it's going to take?  Because if it's overnight, I don't really mind staying at a hotel if the company is going to provide a decent one.  

Well, just made dinner and cleaned the kitchen, other things to get done such as laundry before the day is over.


No comments:

 I basically fired the park hosts today.  Allen and his wife are long since gone, he came back once after 3 weeks of being gone. His daughte...