Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday

Okay, okay, I give, I totally give!!!!
I made it almost 48 hours without eating.
A good start.
I'll be trying again soon - go at least 72 hours.
And again, and again, until I get used to this fasting business again and
then go on the 10 cleansing deal.

Right now? I stopped at a Mexican grocery store and bought up some carne asada chicken. It's a marinade they make and it's absolutely delicious. I'm going to - try to eat slowly but I'm famished and am ready to eat just about ANYTHING. I was thinking about grilling it - but I decided to pan-fry it instead. I don't want to lose any of the marinade and it's really made for pan-frying, anyway, cause it has veggies added into it. It should be delicious. Of course, after you have been fasting, just about ANYTHING is delicious. Spam? Tastes like steak. Lol.

So, I got an email from my dad today. They had this reunion all planned for Sierra Vista, next month.
Nixxxxxxx that one.
Now, they want to do it in North Carolina where my Aunt Gini lives - I forget which town - Hendersonville? I was looking forward to meeting my uncle Bob again - but I guess that isn't going to happen, because I can pretty much foresee the future right now: There's now WAY I'm going to be able to swing enough money for airfare, hotels, eating and whatever else they have planned. It just isn't even on the table right now, much less in the cards. I have things I need to get done around my house that take priority as well. I'm afraid that their lives are going to pass, and all I'll have of them are childhood memories.

Them being my aunts and uncles. They are mostly in their 80's now - they are still in decent health, amazingly, but - no-one lives forever. My cousins will be there as well. I hate missing it, cause I won't get to be with relatives I haven't seen - well most of them since I was less than 10 years old. My uncle Bob I saw when I was 16. I also absolutely LOVE North Carolina. I haven't been there in ages - memory a little sketchy - but I remember liking the place. Well, who knows, maybe some financial miracle will occur between now and then, for now, I'm not confirming anything or even replying to the email, no point in it.

I have an agenda for this weekend: Not too terribly much, actually. Oh, yes I do now that I remember. I have to paint that bedroom. But it's just plain white and I figure to knock that out in, what, a couple of hours? Whatever, it doesn't need a thick coating, just enough to cover up some wall scrapes and things. I also have to finish that chain link fence I started and haven't finished yet. THAT will be a chore, undoubtedly.

In fact, now that I think about it, the weekend is filled up. I don't WANT too many honey-do's without the honey, I really don't like filling up entire weekends with stuff to do without giving some time to rest, kick back, relax. Okay, I do like to keep moving - but it's okay to sit down an relax here and there.

Shrinking stomach effect: I just ate a very small amount of chicken and I'm stuffed. A nice side effect. You don't eat? Your stomach shrinks, you feel and get full quickly. I'll get my energy back by tomorrow and plan on hitting the weights in full force.

Anyway, I'm just out of it. The food converting to energy should take care of that soon enough, however, for right now, I'll be seein' ya'll later!
ben

10 comments:

greeneyes67 said...

Wow, fasting must be really hard. I have never been able to do it without a huge binge at the end. It's true that your stomach does shrink though, since I've been practicing portion control my stomach cannot take food like it used to. Yay!! I am loving this healthier living.

Spam tasting like steak? I can't even imagine. lol

Fin said...

Have you considered throwing a tent and sleeping bag in yer car and DRIVING to No Carolina?

Anonymous said...

Green: Hard, but not impossible. I have never binged - stomach fills up too fast.

Fin: Couple thousand miles - at least - would take what, 3 days to drive there and 3 days back? So, I'm spending almost a week just getting there and back - time off work. At most, I would want to take 40 hours off - week off work. Consider 2 weekends and I have 9 days off. I mean, I'll have to take a look at the actual mileage, but even at the speeds I drive it would be 3 days, I'm thinking.
ben

becomingkate said...

The last time I went without food for three days was right after Dale died. It triggered anorexia! It was a very strange time.
You should do something fun on the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Okay, from here to Hendersonville is 1691 miles, according to the mileage calulator. So, drive 850 miles per day and there in 2 days. Exhausted the 3rd day, enjoy the reunion for 4 days, drive back in 2 days, home a full day on Sunday to recuperate. I suppose it's a possiblity - but - that's a lot of driving!

Fin said...

So, not fun, but an additional option.

Anonymous said...

Don't throw your blood sugar outta whack doing that.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's an option - I may consider it, but it's still gonna cost in gas. Besides that are hotel stays and eating. Just more than I can fathom coming up with - but that's now - MAYBE something will change before then.

There is no history of diabetes in my family lines at all. I have fasted in this manner a hundred times at least. So, I hope to be able to say I can continue doing that as I have most of my adult life. Not saying never, I just don't give it any kind of consideration.

Fijufic said...

I know you would really like to see your family? Any way at all to do it on the very cheap?

BenB said...

Hi Bobby
I don't know. I just can't figure out how I could swing that much money - but then again, I have until August. I would have to come up with at least a grand, I'm thinking. Even if I drove out there - at least 80 gallons of gas to and from - who knows what the cost of fuel will be by then; hotel - it's going to be my aged Aunt's area and she isn't going to be hosting anyone - or possibly a campground I guess might work if we were to camp out; eating; and whatever activities.
Yes, I could probably swing the cheap, and as I said, I might consider it. Probably the last opportunity I'll have to see many of these people alive.
ben

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...