Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday

Excuse the last posting, but I was reading the online news, I felt the need to vent my feelings about this on-going and ever-escalating situation with Iran.

As for the homestead, the newest tenant - who hasn't moved in yet but stated she would probably start bringing stuff over today (she has to be out of her current place by Tuesday) - well we sat around and talked for quite a while at the kitchen table yesterday.

I will not rent a room to anyone unless they come over here, sit down, start talking and we get to feel each other out. Is it a good fit? Is there any possibility that there might be problems? If so, I want to hear about it - whether they voluntarily give it out or let it slip - before we start talking about moving in.

I pretty much get a conversation rolling and then, if the person is so inclined, let them talk away for however long I can keep it going. When a person starts feeling comfortable, THAT'S when you might hear something that will identify that this person is going to be a problem, next please. Well, we talked for about an hour. She has a lot going on in life, no doubting that, but I didn't hear anything excessive. She has 2 kids - that are not moving in here thank you but will be visiting from time to time. They are young kids, too; a 3 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I love kids so that isn't a problem. I did ask about the giant dogs and how the kids might handle it. They would never bite them, in fact, Prince, the black Great Dane, will let anyone just climb all over him, he's the most passive dog I have ever owned in that scenario.

Inserted here, a BTW: this keyboard I bought a while ago is "acting up" and some of the keystrokes do not end up on the screen, hence the mistakes I am making in spelling. The C key is the worst offender and I have to keep going back and fixing it - time for a new keyboard, again.

I asked her what the situation is in her current rental situation and boy, did I get an earful about THAT. She is living with a couple - lesbians - that are, at least from what I gathered from her, total control freaks. I need not go into it, as I don't want to. I know what it's like to live with a control freak, it brings back the old agitations and feelings just thinking about it, I don't want to go there. So I won't.

Will this turn out to be the tenant from hell or a great, nice, person? Only time will tell - time and opportunity to either be nice or stupid always is the telling tale in this kind of arrangement. My house is conveniently located a mile and a half from her work, the reason she wanted to move in here. She doesn't have a TV, heard that after I was pointing out the Direct TV receiver in the room. I just happen to have an extra - I have NO idea where it came from. It isn't mine, is all I know. It's in the other female's closet, I don't even know if it works but I am going to get it out of there and find out. Tenants leave things, is all I can say, and sometimes they leave some pretty nice stuff.

Anyway, my ears perked when she stated without being asked that she is very conscientious about electric usage and turning things off that are not in use. Another score was when she stated she is drama free, doesn't like to get into arguments and is very "chill" - laid back. Nice, I hope that is true and it pans out.

That was my meeting with this lady who decided to move in after all was said.
Today? Dunno - I did a pretty good cleaning in here yesterday and the only thing left is some laundry, my room and my bathroom. I can knock that stuff out pretty quick. Oops, just remembered I promised to clean the carpet in that bedroom, have to get to that early on, like right now after I post this entry. I'm also hungry - some hashed browns loaded with onions and tomatoes sounds delicious. No cheese, thanks, I am still on a diet of sorts. I really had no idea how much calories cheese has in it until I started looking at a lot of labels. WOW!! There is a diet-killer right there. I have backed off the consumption of cheese quite a lot - which I wish I didn't have to do because I absolutely love cheese on just about anything and everything.

Not much else. I think the Suns (NBA) are playing today and they have looked pretty darn good in recent games, they made it to the playoffs I hope they are able to pull something out of the hat and go somewhere with it. I have my projects outside - always have projects outside - which I will also be continuing on with today at least to some extent.

For that, I bid you a Happy Sunday and to remember that this is the day that that Lord hath made - I will rejoice and be glad in it!

ben

No comments:

 Saturday - Noon Got up late, was going to go with the folks to the soccer game but, they left far too early for me to even get going.  To t...