Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday 6/5/2011

Just a quick note here.
Taking off to Heber/White Mountains in just a few minutes.
Arizona is on fire again, but Heber looks to be at least 70 miles from the flames.
I hope it stays that way.
Just looked it up, much further than that, the fire is threatening the town of Alpine - been through there many times in the past - it's 111 miles from Heber.
Heber already was partially subjected to the largest wild fire in AZ history early last decade when a firefighter that "needed work" intentionally started a blaze at one place and a woman who was lost intentionally started a blaze at another. Eventually, the two came together and burned over 500,000 acres of forest.
I don't think they pressed charges against the woman, though they certainly gave her a hard time about it, the ex-firefighter is in prison.
So, I haven't been up there since that fire and it will be interesting to see how Mother Nature has worked to bring it back. My mother's property was subjected to fire long ago, before she bought it, trees were growing back, brush, it's the way of the wild, I do believe.

Anyway, I think my son is excited about the adventure, I do believe that he is going to find it isn't ALL fun and games, especially dealing with troubled youth. I am going to encourage him to stick with it regardless of how hard it gets. He is getting paid for his time up there, I think a couple of grand for the 2 months. Not great money, but not bad, either, considering room and board/eating. Plus, I am going to take some pics,it's really majestic views.

Later.

ben

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...