Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday 12/11/11

Christmas draweth nigh.
........and I just found out last night that I am supposed to be hosting the family Christmas get-together this year.
Nice.  Lesseeeee, a 14 day notice. Hmmmm.  Okay, I didn't exactly tell her yes, yet.  I said I would give an answer by.......today, actually.

This all started when my sister-in-law called her yesterday asking if we were doing Christmas at my house, apparently it's my turn.

What I am waiting on is to take an inventory of what, exactly, I will need to do to get the place in order for that kind of thing.  Well that inventory is done.  The work? Has not begun, though Mark did spend quite a bit of time putting up all of my front yard Christmas decorations and it looked really good last night when I came home from that party.

However.  There is still to finish the landscaping project out there, though at least for now, if I just finish the part I started a week ago - I have not had time to do anything out there - it will look pretty good.  Then the side of the house, that is going to take some time.  I have issues in my main bathroom - which aren't a big deal to me, but if my family is going to be going in there using that bathroom then I am going to have to fix a few problems in there.  Mark will help with the house-cleaning portion and so, I think it is doable.  I don't have to have a perfect house for my family, but, it's got to look really good, as far as I'm concerned.

Now, of course, that doesn't include Christmas dinner.  Last time family was here, I served Standing Rib Roast that I had acquired while on sale at 50% off normal prices.  I dunno if such prices will be available.

First project done: clean out the refrigerator.  I got to looking at it while writing this entry and decided to get that P.I.T.A. job done.  Done : )
Off to the races!
G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...