Wednesday, April 17, 2019

I was about to leave the yard this morning and realized I had left my new laptop in my SUV.
Considering what's going on now, I would have been very unhappy with myself if I had forgotten to bring it.
Well number one, I didn't sleep that well last night.  I got to work, got the truck/trailer hooked up, got to the plant, loaded it and din't make it maybe 120 miles down the road before I was forced from severe fatigue to take a 35 minute nap.  I just couldn't drive in that condition.  I felt much better after that nap, tho, and proceeded to drive the rest of the route down to Brownsville out - with the necessary stops for fuel and the wonderful baked half-chicken at Stripes.

It was 7:30 pm when I got down here and the staff was still in their offices. That is very unusual for this place.  After dropping the loaded trailer, I looked around and found - no empties! Yay!  That made me very happy.  I would get at least 10 hours of detention pay, I thought, maybe more.  Well, the dude that runs the place was in there.  When do you think you'll get another trailer in? Well, tomorrow, but throws up his hands. It's taking a looooooooooooooooong time - yes it was quite exaggerated the way he said it lmao - to get trucks across the border. Up to 10 hours!

Yup, I've seen video of it on the news.  Miles and miles of trucks backed up in a line waiting to get across the border.  Thank Democrats for dragging their asses and finally admitting that there is, indeed, a crisis at the border. DUHHHHHH - how much intel do you need and actual footage of what's going on before you come to the same conclusion everyone else is? They're diverting resources to capturing illegals.  Ports are under-manned and it shows it.

But for me? That's a very good thing.  One of our trucks was leaving the yard when I was pulling in. Like wow! He had to wait all day long for that trailer to show up.  That was enough for me.  I called my manager.  Hotel please, thanks.

I'm back at the Marriott Residence Inn. This is not a room, it's a luxury apartment as far as I'm concerned. This one has 2, separate, master bedrooms, each with it's own bathroom, a living room, a dining area and a fully equipped kitchen. I'm thoroughly enjoying this, even if alone in this giant place.

So, a lady came over to the other house today to talk to Maria about renting out one of the rooms.  Long story short: no thanks.  Bipolar, Turrets, multiple personalities, a long list. How did Maria know this? Because this lady's counselor brought the lady there.  It's a Rene on steriods situation.  As much as I need to get that room rented, I don't need to subject everyone there to another nightmarish situation with a person that literally doesn't have all their marbles together.  I'm not trying to disparage this lady at all, but living with a person like that?  Uhh, no.  We just went through Rene, I would hate to subject them to another person like that.

It's been a tough sell this time around trying to get the room rented.  There is a guy that says he'll stop by on Thursday.  But I think I'm going to delete all my ads and put fresh ones up, replete with new pics that Maria sent me today.















No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...