Saturday, October 26, 2019

Saturday night.
Not feeling that great this morning, I decided to not only sleep in, but also do much of nothing today. The weather has cooled considerably.  My boat? Can wait.  I figured I have at least 3 days off, I can put it off until tomorrow. 

So, I visited the cop neighbor for several hours - he texted me "porch, smoke?"  That's sit on his porch and smoke a cigar.  James came over too.  For a cop, he's a pretty cool person, tho his main job is banker at this point.

Anyway, back to the house and took a long nap, Addler laying at my side of course.  I won't sleep at night with him cause' he moves around too much and wakes me up, but I can take naps. 

Getting up from that - and hanging out with James, I decided I just didn't want to make dinner.  I'm highly unmotivated right now, everything and anything that takes energy I could care less about.  James took over. Amazingly, after working in restaurants half his life growing up in a family that had it's own restaurant - he has never cooked spaghetti in his entire life.  I was amazed, lol. 

It's easy.  Brown the ground beef and spicy sausage, drain it well, mix in the spaghetti sauce and let it simmer. I do more than that, but that's good enough to have a decent outcome. He already knew how to make the pasta so relatively painless.  I couldn't have any pasta, however, but I found an idea of using sliced up cabbage instead, which sounded intriguing.

It was amazing good. Not as good as pasta, but a nice substitute.  Remember, I'm still doing the Keto diet. Low carb.  I don't know how long I will stay on the diet. I'm neither losing any more weight nor am I gaining it back. I really need to get motivated to get back the gym, but I've found that unbelievably difficult to do. Considering I spent my life working out, you'd think that would be easy, but it's not.

Going into this evening - company over.  One person is doing a sleepover with Taylor - girl's night in, but then the other couple came over as well.  They wanted me to join them for the fire they are going to build - pass.  Why? Cause my manager called me half an hour ago - it's almost 9:00 pm - can you take Dusty's load out tomorrow?  Uhh, sure (I guess, thinking not saying).  Where was he going? Brownsville.  Ugh.  I really don't feel like driving tomorrow and the next day, but this trip coupled with the other one I just did would make a healthy paycheck, I didn't have to think about it, I just said sure!

I'm "sure" I'll pay for it tomorrow morning getting up at 4:00 am.  My mind isn't anything even remotely close to being in work mode. I figured minimum 3 days off, probably 4.  It's just that I have to get my mind into work mode and getting that kind of news this late? Kind of hard, especially when company is over and people I know and like to hang out with. 

It's whatever tho. I need the money,  I wasn't going to be getting another run before the pay period ended, have to do it.  I have a bit more to spend on the boat to pay the mechanic - only $100 - and then there is stuff I need to buy for the boat if we are actually going to use it during the winter time.  Which I will be taking it out on the lake at least a few times to ensure that it both runs and isn't going to sink.  Sinking being the operative word, gag. 

Well, time to go to bed lol.

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...