Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy New Year!

That's it, lol, Happy New Year!

I did not stay up for it last night - went to be at 10 and I did not get up early this morning.  You know, still being sick and all.

I am being dumped with a Cheniere garbage run tomorrow so I'm just taking it easy today.  I haven't had to go to Cheniere in quite a while, thankfully.  The biggest drawback to that run this time around is it is supposed to be raining down there tomorrow - I'm not a fan of standing outside in the cold rain unloading a trailer, even moreso not a fan when I'm sick.  It's a late load - scheduled at 1:30 to load the truck - so I know regardless, I won't make it back tomorrow.

And, it's the first load of the year lmao.

$16,000 in the various Federal taxes in 2019.  I find that to be outrageous.  And these democrat president candidates want even more?  How much is too much? That's just federal taxes, that doesn't included city sales taxes, county taxes, state taxes, property taxes - etc ad nauseum.  These politicians - and I don't care what label they give themselves either Republican or Democrat - see no problem in enacting more and more taxes.

I'm not sure what happened to Conservatives in this nation, but they are either not saying anything about all of this crap or there just aren't that many of us left. Trump signed off on a huge budget bill that puts us much further into debt and deficit spending.  I like a of what Trump has done, this s*** here isn't part of the equation or his desire to enact more gun restrictions.  But, no one is claiming Trump is a conservative.  He claims to be Republican but if he is, it's definitely in the moderate range.  He's gleeful of a huge amount of money being spent on our military once again

You know, some of these nations with ultra low taxes and low cost of living for retirement seem more and more appealing.  A few hundred thousand dollars plus your SS check every month and people live in those nations like royalty.  Just seems unnatural to contemplate leaving your homeland to retire tho.  I just don't see any end to this parade of new and higher taxation at all levels of government ever coming - unless a convention of States is ever in the works.

I guess those aren't the most positive of thoughts on the 1st of January, I was looking at my last paycheck of the year and contemplating once again the high amount of taxation we already have in this nation.  Why can't government live within it's means? We take in well over 3 trillion per year in tax revenues at the federal level but we still have to add a trillion dollars worth of debt to it? Why?
What do we have to show for it? Now they are contemplating attempting to get a infrastructure bill through - that's at least a trillion dollar proposal.

Okay.  Off of that subject.  No New's Year's resolutions for me.  I'm well back into the diet, cheated alittle last night, but very little and still in ketosis today, amazingly enough.

The situation at the other house - has fluctuated.  Lots of drama, s*** I don't need or want.  I intervened and told the lady to get her act together or get out.  That was really the only way to handle this, her actions were becoming too much for anyone to deal with.  Whatever.  I just talked to everyone and decided that they need to work this out.  There is no perfect living situation when you are residing with strangers, but there should be consideration and respect shown from everyone to everyone.  But I'm not going to eat anymore rent lapses as I did last month.  About $150 worth.  The few occasions this has occurred I've just shrugged my shoulders and thought how much more it would have cost to keep my dogs at a shelter or just leaving them at home when I'm gone and them getting into trouble.  But 2 months in a row? Not really interested. It's a difficult tenant market out here, nothing like Phoenix.

Okay. Regardless of what goes on at that house, this month the entire bill will be paid by them, nothing coming from me.  The Phoenix house - now that this nonsense of not paying the rent is gone, the power reader should never have to have me adding obscene amounts to it again.  Maybe a large payment in May, but that should be it.  And, the guy that prepays for 6 months at a time - his last payment is done so I will be getting his full monthly payment starting this month again as well.  I put his payment in my savings account last time, but I'd rather just get the monthly payment.













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In a prior time, I dealt with hundreds of ex-pats who left the US to live abroad.

You do NOT need "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in addition to SS. Almost none of those I dealt with had anywhere near that kind of money. The actual cost of living (COL) in many countries is way below $3,000 a month and in many cases less than 2K.

What you DO need to worry about is the stability of the host country government AND their attitude about foreigners, Americans in particular. Some of the US ex-pats in Peru for instance recently had riots and martial law near them. Mexico, as you know, has lost a lot of the allure for retirement it once had.

Retiring abroad is no longer unthinkable. What I would advise you and others like you, is to go to the country your research finds appealing and spend no less than a month there visiting. Talk to ex-pats in person to see what their ACTUAL COL is, and whether you would be comfortable living as they do.

BenB said...

Good advice. I wouldn't even dream of moving to another country without doing ample homework on it first. I've heard of a few countries from online friends who live in those countries that they think are good places. One of them is quite in love with Columbia, but I really have no knowledge of that place. It's very far off in the future. But it isn't so far off that I shouldn't be starting to think about it. A much more appealing idea is to have a small business going to fund my lifestyle after retiring and that is something I have been contemplating for some time. My credit score is way up. I just need the funds to start said business and that remains elusive. Not impossible, just elusive. If I could do that, I wouldn't need to be moving out of country.

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...