Friday, August 14, 2020

 Uhh, okay. I was originally told I was going to New Hampshire.  Then it switched to Vermont.  In fact, all kinds of info has been lacking but what I do know? 

The dispatcher finally called me and afterwards sent me a text for driving assignment for tomorrow: 05:00 at the yard.

Are you serious? We have been traveling all day long, I have been up since 3 something am.  I didn't say that, but it was heavy on my mind.  It's already 8:30 here, just got into the hotel!  

This is called wind down time. The manager forget to get a rental car and I didn't notice the oversight until I got here.  

This dude I've been traveling with is okay - until he starts whining about every little stinking thing.  I mean, I just got annoyed with listening to it and said I'm going with the flow here. Nothing is going to be perfect, we are lacking info, yes, but it will pan out, we're making money.

I'm allegedly only doing one run tomorrow and it's 4 hours worth of driving I'm told.  Weird.  

Just thought I'd through a few thoughts in here, but it's really time to hit the sack.  Whether I can actually sleep this early and stay asleep is another issue. 

Anyway, the other driver just called me, it's only 63 miles to the plant we go to to deliver and they can only do 2 of those a day?  That's weird, must be more to that story than what I know.  

I'm offa here, time to go to bed.




No comments:

 Monday semi-early I do, indeed, have a run today. Well, at least until they tell me something different.   Pro Hamas protesters around the ...