Wednesday, September 23, 2020

 Well.  I didn't actually start feeling better from yesterday morning's wake up call until this afternoon.  

The rain coming back up? Not near as bad as the reports said it would be.  I was glad going down and coming back up that I didn't take an alternate - and much longer route.  

However.  One of the other drivers got onto our group text. Note again, this is the "new" group text void of managers and personnel from the loading plant.  I don't know whose brilliant idea it was to include those people on a driver's forum, but  that's over.  There are only 7 out of 13 drivers on the text.  2 other drivers are not welcomed into that group and neither would they participate (from other divisions, they want no part of us), the rest don't want to be on the group text for reason ranging from not wanting to receive text messages at 6:30 am to fear that there will be reprisals from management.

Except, the manage doesn't care if we have our own private text club.  And why should he?  

Regardless, one of them got on there this morning and said "first load started".  Brownsville? I replied - that is usually a brownsville run and he likes to get reports on who is down there waiting/ are there any empties waiting/will I get detention pay type of stuff.  He replied "Lost it to a nonunloading driver...again."

The ensuing conversation was regarding the fact that we have all been bumped from good runs, given to these drivers, and we are given junk runs in place of what would have made a nice paycheck.  Then, one of the drivers that's been in our division over two years and apparently still doesn't have to unload trucks - getting mostly gravy runs all the time - made a personal comment against me.  I had ended my comments with a text about one of the non-unloading drivers getting a run to Virginia.  He had come back from that 6 day, high mileage run and was given what else? A Brownsville run afterwards.  

His comment was, "You should train for CO2 if you want that Virginia run." May sound benign, but it was a swipe at me for saying anything about this other guy who gets nothing but gravy runs - literally - all the time - and then given a run that is in his realm of expertise. Remember, this dude got this huge mileage run and then upon return went straight to Brownsville. 

  The conversation degraded from there.  I kept my composure but I had no problem calling him out.  "It's easy to cast aspersions from the perch of privilege" apparently is what got him annoyed, lol. But of course.  Easy to diss others that have to do the pain of doing the low paying runs when you are doing nothing but getting good paychecks - really good paychecks - week after week after week.  Where the only time you get a junk run - which in his case would be Oklahoma - is when other plants shut down.

I ended the conversation with 2 texts:  "Btw when was the last time you were at Cheniere?".  Crickets. 15 minutes later, from me: "That's what I thought.  I'm done with this "conversation". Feel free to throw out more disparaging statements.  Have a nice day" - replete with smiley face.  He never responded, but tried to call me.  I didn't answer the phone - I was sleeping, taking my midway nap.  I didn't bother trying to call him back.  The guy that started the group text sent a picture to everyone after my nice day greeting of a beautiful women and "have a booblicious day".  Lol, ok.  

Nothing else was said after that and I have determined that I will no longer be commenting on anything excepting giving my view of things on there besides giving updates on the loading situation.  

Well I skipped something, uninentionally lol.  I said to this dude giving me crap that i would "leave this group and relieve myself of having to hear it from you.." going on to identify him as one of the gravy runners that doesn't have to do anything but drop and hook - of which he never denied.  The dude that started the group? Replied: "You need 2/3rd majority vote to leave the group. Request denied!!  

Lol, we see things at the same level. He is ex military, married, has a couple of teenaged girls, good guy.  

I'm not tired of the job.  But I can't live off of low paying runs.  Well, I can pay my bills.  Retirement, saving for property, recreational stuff out the door.  Unfair, there is no reason the low paying runs shouldn't be evenly distributed among everyone.  There is definitely no reason why these people shouldn't be trained. I can guarantee you, any other division you go to, the first thing you do is go through training. 

I probably should take the boat in tomorrow - I'll think about it.  40 miles each way.  The only place I've found with any competence.  

Oh. Lol.  Amazing stuff here.  Taylor - long after I got home - got a sheepish look on her face.  What's wrong?  "I forgot to let your dogs out this morning".  Oooooohhhhhh myyyyyyy.  21 hours. Those dogs were in my room 21 hours.  In all of that time, they did not pee or poop on anything.  They didn't chew anything up.  I was shocked.  The bathroom door was open, thankfully, dogs drink toilet water without a problem lol.  I'm just amazed that 2 dogs would last that long without having any accidents.  I'm sitting here in my room, it doesn't smell like pee or poop.  I'm so proud of them : )  But I wouldn't have been upset if they had done their duty. I know I can't go that long without peeing.  

I mean, I wasn't upset at Taylor either.  There's a lot for her to handle alone in the morning. Normally James deals with my dogs.  That isn't a part of her normal routine.  She knew she had forgotten something - I have that same feeling. A nagging sense that you aren't remembering something but you can't think of what it is - until it's too late lmao.  Oh well, they had access to water and the room was cool, not the end of the world tho I wouldn't want that to become a habit.

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...