Sunday, October 25, 2020

 This'll be a shorty versus last post lol.

Brisket was a success.  The thin end I knew was going to be rather dried out - I know some find ways to deal with that while cooking it, I usually cut the large end off from the thin end and cook them separately.  It wasn't too bad on the thin end, the only reason I ended up cooking the whole thing is it was frozen last night and after thawing out beef I don't like to refreeze.  No way to cut it frozen, obviously so it is what it is.  But the big end was juicy and delicious.  

A huge amount of food was devoured because James friends saw my post on Facebook and said they wished they could have some. Well yea, come over!  They literally live 2 blocks away lol.  So they showed up, Maria, everyone was hungry, the cauliflower bake I made was almost entirely devoured - that was 2 heads of cauliflower - the 2 pounds of bacon - gone, half of the brisket, gone.   It was a huge brisket so half of it gone was quite the feat.  

I like when I make food and most of it is devoured.  I don't like a lot of leftovers, especially here, they mostly won't get eaten.  6 adults and 2 children, that makes it more likely more of the food will be gone.  Plus sending food home with people.  

The day is done, the kitchen is cleaned up, I retired to the bedroom, everyone left and boys and J/T went to bed. 

As for me, it's time to go sleepy time.  The next 3 or 4 days will be busy, long days.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...