Tuesday, January 26, 2021

 A little bit has transpired since last post and discussing finding a property.  

I asked for $25k versus the 35K they're asking for. Reason being 5 acres of it - full half of it - is non-accessible. The properties are separate, but near one another, yet private land is between them.  The weird thing tho, is that both of them are right up against public roadways. One of them is a  highway.  It doesn't make any sense that either of them aren't accessible from the road?  There must be more to this story than I am seeing, because I sent the link to Taylor and she thought the same thing.  Maybe they just don't have a driveway built into it?  

I also asked about zoning, seems that it's inside the city limits, something I am really trying to avoid.  This may be a small city out in the middle of nowhere but it has it's on planning/development department and the entire city has zoning in it.  However, this property is well outside the major portion of the city and in the woods, basically. Both properties are entirely wooded and it would take some work to clear out an entrance, driveway and spots for RV's.  Either road would be good for RV's, the 2 lane highway being the best.  

Am I sold on it? NO.  I haven't even gone to look at it yet, the realtor was like, well I'm going to write up the papers and offer it to the owner.  Not so fast, please, I need the zoning info and I really need to go take a look at it first.   She didn't try to use any pressure tactics such as "someone else is looking at it", the 5 acres unusable is highly likely a turnoff to most people.  Again, I need eyeballs on both properties.  Which one is accessible and would it make a good candidate? Which one isn't and why if it's literally up against a public roadway?  But yes, I offered 10k less.  

It's only been on the market a month.  I look at how long properties have been on the market. The outrageously priced ones are on there 100, 200, 300 plus days.  

This property has owner financing available.  20% down, payments I'm not sure  of yet.  Well I take that back, doing the math.  With 5k down, the payments would be $208.33 per month plus interest.  8% interest for the loan life, not sure how that would calculate to payments, but I'd guess no more than $250 per month. That's easily doable.  This gives me more confidence that this property isn't going to sell anytime soon, giving 8 years at such low monthly rate.  Well I'm wrong, it's $282.73 per month.  Should have known there is a calculator online. That's still quite doable.  That makes the property payment a non-issue at that kind of money.  

Property just isn't selling in my area.  That's why I'm also going to be looking at putting mobile homes on the other properties I purchased at the tax sale. If I were to go through with this, my tax sale purchasing would be done for now.  It will be enough to get all of this going without having to buy more and be saddled with more property taxes on land I am not using.  I could put one of them up for sale, I guess, and see if it sells, take that money and buy more tax sale land.  The one by the railroad I definitely want to do something with if possible.  It's right near everything.  Kroger's, CVS, Walgreens, an entire strip mall with all kinds of shops including a Super 8 are within walking distance.  Walmart is a quarter mile up the road.  The only drawback is it IS - right - next to the railroad tracks.  I don't know where the nearest crossing is so I don't know if horns will be an issue. There is a trellis going over Highway 59 so they aren't using horns there.  I personally wouldn't mind the sound of a train rolling by - but horns blaring are a different story.  

A little excited? Yes, a little.  I can't get overly hyped about it until I have more details and if/when the signing actually occurs and suddenly I am a land owner and have some property. 5 acres is big enough for an RV lot.  I could put a lot of lots on a 5 acre property and have room left over for an office, a picnic area, a playground for kids and whatever else my mind can think up of to attract people to come live there. Note that I am looking for people to move their RV's in there and live there, overnighters welcome by that isn't the main goal for the property is a bit off the Interstate and but not too bad from the main highway 59.  There are other RV parks in contention for the business, tho.  The thought also crossed my mind to buy old RV's cheap, fix them up and rent the RV with the lot.  Probably more of a rent to own thing - I don't want to be maintaining rv's forever.  Let the renter pay for the RV with minimal interest, get it paid for and then they are responsible for repairs.  

Throwing this in at random: I am still at the Brownsville yard, it's 7:00 pm. They are just now hooking up to one of the loaded trailers, meaning they won't be back until 9:00 pm. I am not leaving out of here tonight and I will be claiming another night's worth of detention pay. That's how they have structured it and that's fine by me.  There is absolutely no good reason to leave out of here at 9 at night. I would just stop at midnight and only make it a few hundred miles up the road. I'm good with driving straight through tomorrow - as is my custom to drive straight through anyway.  That will make this trip worth almost $1,500, so yea, thanks for the extra night.  Oh, now I'm seeing they've hooked up to both trailers.  The first person down here from Longview will not get any detention time.  Well take that back. If they get in here before they return with empty trailers, then he can legitimately say nope, no empty trailers "upon arrival". That's the deal, that's what I'm going by as well. We all know that if we come in here and no empties, we either leave - which many do and go up to the truck stop - or close the curtains and stay out of sight.  +

In fact, I expect to see another loaded trailer pulling in here at any time now.  They have trucks coming down here every single day, usually two of them, sometimes only one and sometimes 3.  I'm not going to answer the door if that dude comes pounding on it again.  I don't care if a trailer showed up at 9 pm and I already told the dispatcher that I won't be back until tomorrow afternoon. Note: My manager is not doing dispatch now, a dispatcher in Amarillo Texas is doing it. I only write all the details because I don't want it sounding like I am stealing from any of the companies involved here - which there are 3 of them.  They made the agreement, it's their deal, I get to stay another night, I'll leave early morning and I will bank the money and say thank you!  

Back to property.  My head starts going off in all kinds of directions once a possibility for something shows up.  I wish I were home, tho, I would have gone out and looked at both properties today.  And stopped at the city of Marshall asking about zoning - that is really the ultimate decider if I take it or not.  No RV parks! No thanks. Nothing else I need it for.  

I dunno, but everything today has sparked in me tells me that -whether on the right track or not, whether it succeeds or fails - I am doing something that actually intrigues me.  Trucking is not intriguing.  It has no great magic. The roads are filled with selfish, stupid people.  I'm tired of having to be on edge for 10 plus hours every day I drive because of idiots either intentionally doing stupid stuff or morons that have no more business driving than they do operating a space shuttle.  I was literally brake check a few days ago by a little, bitty car. I had pulled out into the passing lane to pass a very slow moving vehicle. That car was at least 400 feet behind me when I pulled out, I didn't cut them off. 

I immediately got the phone out and turned video recording on.  They brake checked me several times but it's whatever to me, I'm used to these people playing these games out here.  I just wanted proof in case they actually caused an accident.  

I'll be.  They actually brought in a trailer without having had taken the full ones over first.  I don't care, it's 7:30 pm, I'm not going anywhere. I'll set the alarm for 4:00 am, get out of here by 4:30 am, get back to the yard by 3:00 pm and be quite happy with that.  And yes, still get my detention pay for today.  It's based on when they get here with it.  After any time when a truck could have legitimately made it from Longview to here, yup, it's a done deal.  Well, I've made it here as early as 5:30 pm.  7:00 ish frequently.  Just depends on the load time. 

That's it, I think.  I'm loosely following the news - have cut back on it 90%ish - TV version hardly watching at all.  Just don't need that kind of stress. I know what Biden is doing, it doesn't take much to see he's creating chaos at the border, wanting to implement a mileage tax, totally backtracked on his declarations that he'd have the virus handled quickly and has said a lot of other - garbage - that frankly I don't need to dwell on. Particularly now that I'm out of that debate group - what a refreshing thing that has turned out to be. The admin - ugly person, toxic, needs Jesus, but the outcome?  Not consumed by irrelevance.  There are far more important things to focus on in this life than a president who doesn't seem to care about tens of thousands of people losing their jobs over a pipeline, strained relations with Canada because of it, China doing shows of force - they apparently think Biden is weak and I'm inclined to agree with that.   And lots more, actually, but who cares? Well actually, I do! I just know I can't do anything about it. 

Okay, I made a lot of internet style relationships in that group.  Good people, fun to chat with.  And my inbox is proof that I am both missed and people aren't exactly happy with her - the other admin's - decisions.  Shrugs shoulders.  She'd have to profusely apologize to me for the way she talked to me and then return me to admin status and even then? I would back way off.  My absence has already created a huge hold that she is trying to fill.  Good luck! to a person that has almost no involvement, whatsoever, in the group for a couple of years now.  

Well enough for now, the trailer is here so I am getting up early morning to get this trip over with. 

Nite. 



No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...