Monday, February 1, 2021

 I no more posted the last post and the Driver License office called me where I had scheduled an appointment on May 3rd to renew my license.  We're sorry, but the courthouse will be closed on that day so we need to reschedule your appointment.  That did, of course, throw me for a loop, for the next available dates are well out into the future, 3 months at least.  It's ridiculous. The state of Texas needs to fix this.

She got pretty short with me too after she went on and on about it and I said, uhh yea I didn't cause' this problem.  She went off on me. I didn't say it nasty, I was just responding to her going on and on about the fact that I would need to reschedule and my statements about the fact that my license expires in 4 days and the extension only goes out until April - and the next nearest appointment is well into May at the earliest.  You know, most people need their licenses, mine is of utmost importance since I also rely on it for my job. 

She then stated that I would have to just show up one day as a standby.  "We'll work you in".  Okkkk.  Obviously I have no choice in this matter.  But since my appointment is cancelled, I'm going to look for a new appointment in their system anyway.

Oh, and she threw in a monkey wrench, one I didn't know: When you renew your license? You also have to renew your hazmat certification.  Yes I know that.  Well, sir, you will also have to retest.  Oh dang.  I didn't know that, it doesn't tell you that on the renewal instructions.  Yes, I've been doing hazmat for 3 plus years, yes I know what I'm doing, but yes, they ask a lot of irrelevant questions that most hazmat drivers wouldn't know the answer to without - studying.  

I have tomorrow off - and no I'm not going.  My brain is tied up in sicknessland, I am not going to sit here for hours doing what I did when I got hazmat certification the first time: spend hours and hours online, taking sample hazmat tests until I could answer the questions correctly.  I can thank them for canceling, for I didn't know that little tidbit of information and I would have shown up without having had done any studying.  Would have I passed? I have no idea, probably not.  

Well I just had to type that one out.  Took me by surprise.  Like, how do you just shut down the courthouse for a day? Did they know this when they put up the available dates for appointments?  

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...