Monday, March 29, 2021

 I - more often than not - write entries, get distracted, don't finish them and then they just sit in limbo. Hundreds of them, lol.  So the last one was as well.  Oh well.

I'm in Brownsville, got down here at 5:30 pm, about the earliest I have ever made it here.  There were 4 trailers in the yard when I arrived, I checked every one of them, they were all full. Meaning finally, I get to get some detention pay.  And, because I got here so early? I treated myself to a hotel.  

I wanted the Marriott Residence Inn - their prices vary widely - tonight was far too much at $142 so I just went to one that I have gone to here many times over in the past.  If I can get 15 hours in a hotel I'm good with staying in one versus hanging out in a truck, in a dirt parking lot, with it raining and muddy and pools of water everywhere.  

I haven't been down here in - a month? Maybe a little less.  

In the quest for my mother's birth certificate, I finally heard back from Pennsylvania.  This is your "final notice" to supply the "real name".  I supplied all 3 names, what on earth are they talking about? And these notices they allegedly sent before this one? Never got them.  Whatever. I knew this was going to be a hassle for a person in their 80's that's never had a birth certificate.  I don't even know how that happens. I'm calling them tomorrow and sort this out.  

The property? I have no clue. The realtor said she hopes to hear back from them on Monday - which is tomorrow.  I can't say that I am not getting a little bit impatient.  I need the decision made either way or negotiation so I can get this past me.  There are more properties available now, but still, this is the best one I have seen for the intended purpose.  

My attention has diverted on a daily basis to the setting up of one of these properties.  The electrical has been on my mind, for it's going to be quite expensive to do if I have someone do it for me.  If you think I wouldn't take on this project on my own and run all the lines, boxes and meters myself, think again.  I'm on a budget here, I don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars to do this park.  It's going to start out small, I am freely stating that for the world to see.  

I will probably spend all of that old 401k getting the thing up and running.  I need a layout made up.  I don't know if I'll try to do that myself or hire a professional to take a look at satellite images and any pics they would want me to take of the property including grades/slopes to come up with something possibly more appealing than I can do?  

I actually don't think so.  I want trees all over the place, I don't want to have to mow  down every single tree in the place and the only way you really do that is to take a first hand look and say, okay, I can put a pad here, trees, another here, more trees, another here - etc.  It may lesson the number of pads I can install, it will increase the charm and the price tag for spaces.  People want this kind of thing.  

I see ZERO parks around here or even in this region that is nothing but sardine can parks that have no allure to them anything more than a place to park your RV.  I don't have a lake or pond on this property I am currently looking at - but it does have trees. Beautiful, magnificent, tall trees.  

_______________

The next morning/Monday. 

Last night, my ears were assailed by the sounds of people having extremely loud sex in the room next door.  It went on for an hour and a half.  I shall not go into great depth, excepting to say the screams coming from the woman were getting a bit ridiculous. I decided I'd wait it out before complaining to management, but I didn't come here to listen to that all night long.  At around 9:30, I was ready to go to bed. I turned the AC fan all the way up which covered most of the sound - but thankfully, they stopped and I haven't heard a peep from next door all night long. 

I understand people go to hotels to have sex.  I'm not new to life.  It's just that it went on for soooo looooong.  Guy has stamina, I'll give him that.

Well, an 80 minute wait on the phone with PA and they say to respond to the email they sent and fix it that way. I did that earlier, but I wanted to see if they would fix it over the phone and get this over with.  Nope, I was told, because it has been "red-flagged".  Okay, I sent it in, we'll see if they fix it or - if I have to just sent in a new birth certificate request. Now that I know what I did wrong on it, I will get it right on the next try if they force the issue.

No, I haven't heard a thing about the offer on the property.  I'm trying to just bide my time patiently, but that's proving a wee tad difficult lol.  

With that, I'm putting the laptop up and taking a nap. Supposedlythere are trailers coming in the next few hours, I want to be as rested as possible.  I may have to drive all night long.  Or not, I dunno. There are 5 loaded trailers in this yard, I don't know why the company wants even more brought down here, but I think there are 2 more loaded trailers coming down here right now.  I've never seen this many loaded trailers in this yard before, yet, the company that uses it will just continue to order more. It's pretty odd stuff.  I mean, these trailers will hold the product for up to 1,711 hours - that's a lot of days. 

And, these particular trailers are all leased out to this company, we can't use them for anything else.  So it's their call I guess, have a few hundred thousand pounds of ethylene sitting around in a yard somewhere lol.  I'm hoping an empty comes in soon.  I really don't want to be driving until 3:30 am or later.  

G'day.  


No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...