Tuesday, March 23, 2021

 Talk to enough people. 

Ask enough questions.

You may eventually get to the truth.

I am a bit surprised the realtor doesn't know this stuff, this is her job. 

I guess?

Because after several more phone calls,  I finally got to the brass tacks about county property.  

See, I wanted this question answered.  Are there restrictions or are there no restrictions on county land, outside of a city limits? 

It took several phone calls to the wrong places that I was directed to before I got to an unlikely source: The county's bridges and roads department. I mean, :I didn't even know that department existed, it never showed up under any google searches.  

Mind you, other people I talked to insisted that "other" sources were the place to call. And you call them, and they're like, we only do "this and that" here, we aren't responsible for any zoning. Finally, some dude said, uhh as far as I know? There is no zoning in the county. I had heard this several times from various people before, but no one from any "official" source ever said this.

Yet, he didn't know who to call either.  He tried, but that number ended up being a dud.  I decided that I would call the county and I would just - not stop - until someone could give me an official, definitive answer.  

Now I know. There are NO zoning ordinances in Texas counties.  The only things that have to be observed are state rules - like if you're installing a septic system, you have to get a permit.  Oh and the property owner selling to you can name conditions.  Mineral rights are obvious.  Easements as well. Most properties have easement for natural gas around these parts.

And then, when the property owner gets their money off of the easement money, they try to sell the property at highly inflated prices. They made their money, only pure greed would dictate to ask for outrageous prices for property after the fact. I'm not stupid, I am fairly intelligent. I know about zoning, hence I didn't just go out and buy just anything.  I had to find out about the zoning.  But the information coming out from all the sources is ridiculous.  

There is so much BS involved with properties around here, it's headache inducing stuff. You find facts on one thing and then you find out there are a dozen more questions about everything else.  You hear one thing from some "official" and then you hear something completely opposite form another "official".  You attempt to do your  research, but you don't know what the hell you are doing, who to ask, what to do next after finding out - more derogatory information that you cannot verify whether truth or fiction.

I freely admit in this arena of attempting to find out what a city or county allows or not? I have no clue.  Or had no clue.  I'm getting there. There is more to go. This idea that I have to put on a minimum 1,100 square foot house on one of my properties is outrageous.  I'll take that to the city council for a vote.  They can do as they see fit, but I will present a case they can't just ignore.  

That will have to wait, however,  until after the 6 month waiting period is up, another 3 months, and I see about getting an actual title to it and the other properties.  

Okay it's late. Pandora's box was opened today.  Once again: There are no zoning rule applied to any property in the county. There is no such thing as "zoned residential" in the county.  The realtors are making that shit up.  

I am not going to Cheniere as this new dispatcher attempting to give me.  I can't go there. She reassigned me to another Oklahoma run.  I can see times are going to be difficult with this new dispatcher.  Whatever. If it comes down to tit, Ill speak to my manager about it and he can determine what course of action he will take with it.  

I do not have an early load, It's 1:30 pm. Meaning I won't even arrive to that plant until probably around 11:00 pm.  

Regardless, I'm getting offa here. 

G'nite.


No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...