Friday, April 16, 2021

 Emails and texts continue to flow at lightning speed now that I have finally decided on something - that is still available, versus all of this nonsense that became unavailable a day after I even saw it, went to look at it and made a decision to buy it - and find out it's "under contract" after sitting on the market for 200 days.

The realtor texted me 20 minutes ago about wanting direct info about the lender, the lender emailed me about that acceptance letter they had already sent - send that to them. So fine.  This is practically real time, this stuff just happened.  I sent the realtor the acceptance letter that had all the info on it and then some - more than she needed.  

I have to tell you the satellite view of the property turned me off. It looked like a piece of land that had the timber cut down and replanted.  It looked too perfect.  Upon walking the land, well - there are 75-100 foot tall pines - my favorite - but the lines are where they cut down trees to open up lanes for whatever purposes.  Apparently hunting, tho I can't imagine doing that much work to go deer hunting?

I can tell ya, that's a lot of man hours that don't need to happen on my part.  

What was interesting is the fact that this land is owned by an "elderly person", as described from the realtor this land was created by.  Umm,, I don't know what this person's situation is, but if he/she is in dire need of the money? I'll pay the full price.  I don't want to mess with the older generation and their needs.  I'm getting there, slowly, but I'm beyond the 40's and getting close to 60's.  

The realtor - not mine, she is dealing with his realtor - will have to go to this man's house to sit down and discuss my proposal for - lessor money - but I didn't know about this situation until after I made the offer.  I really don't want to feel like I'm hurting an older person and their welfare by "taking advantage" of them. I had no knowledge of this until after I made my offer per acre.  

I can tell you I would really feel bad if I found out this person direly needs this money for whatever. 

And the signing process on my part? Over 23 papers worth.

I'm getting a bit excited. This property is not on the MLS. That means it isn't showing for sale anywhere.  I only got the info because I was ready to offer on the other property - across the street - yesterday.  

I will wait - somewhat patiently.  It might be days before I get the answer. But since I agreed to whatever - the full price if they insist - it "should" be mine.  

_________________

We just hit the weekend.  I will find nothing out until Monday at the earliest.  Well I dunno,, realtors are highly motivated, I have been finding out. This lady I have been working with has repeatedly stated she doesn't mind all of the endless questions and queries about properties.  Is this still available, can you ask them about that situation with the property, please offer them this amount, etcetera.  

And, we also hit the grandparents coming down.  So it was of great interest that the 6 year old didn't spend the entire night wit grandma.  That is the normal thing, they come, the boys disappear.  They are immersed in grandma the entire time. 

Instead? He wanted to be with me.  That was highly unusual and I really encouraged him to go spend time with grandma, for they don't get to come down here that often.  It's about 3 hours to where they live.  He didn't refuse per se, he just didn't want to leave my room.  

I have no clue on that one, it was a first.  Whatever the case, it's my time for bed and they are all going over to Shreveport tomorrow to an aquarium over there and whatever else they are doing.  Just for the fact of an aquarium - which I didn't know existed over there - I would have loved to have gone as well.

Instead, I am heading to Brownsville early.  This is my life as it stands. And this is why I traipsed through the wet woods this morning.  I will continue to say it, for I am there and beyond: I am soooo tired of working for someone else.  I don't care who or what it is, they are benefiting from my labors. I am getting a wage, yes, but I am not getting the dividends of owning a business nor the freedom of doing so.  Ok, no one said there is a lot of freedom in owning your own business. 

Or did they?  You aren't beholden to a company. You aren't on their schedule.  You don't have to account for anything to a person "above" you.  You account to your customers.  You try to make them happy.  And if they can't be happy? They can go somewhere else.  

I'm nowhere near  the position of quitting my job. Years more to go.  Whatever becomes of this business enterprise - unless it flourishes to the point I don't need to work for someone else anymore - I will still have to work for ... someone else.  

Now, do I think this business could flourish? Yes!  100%.  I think it will flourish. But does that happen right away, or does it take time to build a reputation in the RV industry? I have no clue.  I am clueless about alot of things - I have tried to find out, but some things are going to be relegated to "live and learn" theorem.  I have never been a businessman, the learning curve here is high.  You don't know how much time I have spent studying and asking questions and trying to find out about things related to this particular business and operating a business in general.  

Well, perhaps long time readers understand how much time I will give to learning about things that I no knowledge about, but want to gain understanding. Business expertise undoubtedly comes with experience and all I can say about that is: you have to start somewhere, even if late in life.  

This thing will cost every penny of my savings and all of the old 401k and then some.  There is risk involved here in dumping a bunch of money into an endeavor that - could possibly fail.  I acdtually, seriously doubt it will utterly fail and if it does, I have a back up plan.  Plan A gone, Plan B comes in place.  Or, Plan A will work along side Plan B.  As long as I can get utilities on the land - which shouldn't be a problem - I can make money.  As long as I can clear even a part of the land - I can make money.  

Get rich quick? No.  Help pay for retirement? Yup.  That's the goal and leave something behind for Caleb if he so desires. Tho, my will at the moment includes him and another individual not related to me.  Caleb has voiced  his desire to come out here - I stated that here before. I try to read between the lines and at this point? I don't know if that means a visit or stay - as in - staaaay.  If he wanted to visit only, he would say so.  I could put him up on the - potential - property in a mobile if that doesn't bother him and he can find a new life out here if he so desires.  Help manage the park for tha tmatter.

It takes money to make money. That old adage is never truer for my reality than it is now.  I'm going to try to figure out how to get something go0ing with the money I will have after down payment and other fees for the land. The whole property doesn't need to developed at first. I just need - minimum 20 spaces anyway - to start with.  End up with 60-70. I don't want to overload the land and I'm not trying to be greedy.  There should be land left over for walking trails and book reading benches - quiet places for people to hang out and enjoy nature. This is definitely going to be a nature type thing. 

Some people like that, others want a shopping mall down the street. I will not be trying to cater to everyone. I'm more on the - enjoy nature - side.   

I have high confidence that I will get this property since it isn't listed on the MLS, there are no ads for it on any of the land sale sites, I have made an offer which includes instructions to the realtor to agree to the full price if they don't come down  and I don't see too much way for anyone to sneak in and take it from me.  I'm still concerned about this "elderly person" thing. Full price would still only be about $321 per month.  I look at the price per acre but I also look at the value of the property and it's location and the utilities available. And other things, such as level land versus hilly land.  

I'm going to end this and hope that I can clear my mind enough tonight to be able to get to sleep. Or stay asleep, I should say.  I just feel like I am finally on the brink of getting something started.  Even if only a foot in the door, land has been the most perplexing, complicated, irritating and ridiculous thing to get. Get the land? You just started.

There is so much potential with this property. 

With that, it is bedtime.  


No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...