Sunday, April 4, 2021

 Ok. Instead of sending the email telling me that they were working on the birth certificate, they just bypassed that part and - sent me the birth certificate.  My mother has never had a birth certificate - in her entire life.  It was only until she needed it to renew her driver's license that she found out her "notice of birth" wouldn't work.  It's a very old document, the only "real" and official thing she had. 

Why she waited so long to get her birth certificate is unknown, but because the state was never asked to make one, she couldn't get it on her own.  You read that right: she asked them to send her a birth certificate with the state seal on it and they refused.  Appalling? Yes, in my opinion, but whatever. They told her a family member would have to ask for it for her.

How does that  make any sense?  Whatever the case, I didn't get into it with them about it, I just sent in the form, got some stuff wrong on it, they sent me an email informing me of such, I corrected the issue and walaah.  Mom will finally have a birth certificate.  I sent her a pic earlier - just got the thing - and asked if she needed it overnighted to her.  

I suspect she's driving on an expired license - I've gone through this before. I didn't used to be that you needed a birth certificate to renew your license. I thought it was only for commercial licenses, apparently they want it for everyone now?  I didn't know anything about it, went to get my license and they told me I needed a birth certificate  The issue had me going clear back to Arizona to get one because I was not going to be able to work - it's a long story not worth going into again, I just know how she feels.  

Mobility is important. As long as she is legally/medically qualified to drive, she should be able to.  Yes, I asked her if she was driving on expired license, I didn't get an answer lol. I changed the subject after realizing she didn't want to admit to it for whatever reason - wouldn't have bothered me if she was doing so, she doesn't normally go around breaking the law everywhere and her need to go to the store and get groceries supersedes the state's desire to have everyone in a computer data base so they can keep tabs on you..... and she tried to do this on her own to no avail.  The state doesn't care what your needs are, I have learned that from ample experience and a book's worth of stories I could go into here - and won't.

So today was a "put the house back together" day.  It's been in a shambles for quite a while.  I had a box out there in the living room amidst the rest of the boxes I had forgotten about. I tried to bring it into my room when....plop....the entire contents spilled out onto the floor after the bottom gave way. 

No worries, I threw half of the stuff into the trash can and put the rest of the stuff away, problem solved. Another box to go through and I'll be done with that. But, that's nothing I'm doing today.  

I didn't finish this post but publishing it anyway.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...