Wednesday, May 12, 2021

 So the big let down has come.  

They have no idea when the issues on the seller side is going to be resolved.  There was talk about the wife's probate - which didn't concern me that much - but the thing about the heirs.  That was quite concerning.  There are heirs that are involved with this that have to sign off on all of this - and not just my 12 acres but also the 12 acres whoever else was buying across the street.  

What is the issue with me? I was informed today is the last day of the extra 21 days and if I don't bail out, I lose the earnest money. It's entirely  up to me, I was informed, to opt out and get my money back or continue one with it - but if it doesn't go through,  I lose that money.  It's $600 plus gone for nothing.  It didn't take me long to decide to opt out and start a new contract with the seller. If he wants to, fine, if he doesn't, well I just wasted a lot of time with this. A lot of time.  And a lot of daydreaming, looking the property over and figuring out how I would set it up. 

But, I'm not losing $600 for nothing.  

_____________________

And all of that is now cancelled. After all of that, they came back and said why don't we just extend the option period another 30 days?  I mean, why didn't they just say that in the first place? The seller's agent has gone through some ordeal with the seller.  Elderly was the attribution attributed to this fellow, today I find out he's 84 years old.  People get up there in years and get set in their ways pretty good.  The seller won't do anything unless his realtor/agent comes to his house.  So apparently that's where we're at and I'm content - for now - to wait this thing out.  I won't be content forever, especially considering I found a couple of other properties that would fit the bill that have recently come on the market.

Yes, I started looking again after I heard all of this today.  

Oh, well my realtor told me that the seller's realtor has gone through quite a bit of pains to try and get this deal done with the seller and his insistence the realtor come over to his house anytime anything needs to be done.  Losing a buyer isn't exactly on his wish list.  I do believe if this property came on the MLS and open to anyone it would probably sell pretty quick.  Well I dunno lol. Not with all of this stuff going on with it and the endless waiting game.  Stuff that should have been done long ago is now at a standstill and no guarantees that it will be rectified - meaning no property for me, at least not this one.  

So, the in-limbo game goes on - indefinitely.  Nahh, not indefinitely, I'll move on if I have to.  It kind of makes me wonder if this also isn't the right place to build. Or, is it worth the wait and sit it out.  
I dunno, but it's time for bed, early rise for Brownsville run. 

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...