Tuesday, June 22, 2021

 So, I made a trip to Magnolia, Arkansas today.  Deliver a Brownsville contracted trailer for an annual inspection and pick up a trailer that - I have no idea why it was there.  I hadn't forgotten small town hatred of large trucks coming through them, but it was presented fresh after hadn't having gone through these towns in a long, long time.  Back to my old job, actually.  Just haven't done these towns in almost 4 years. Magnolia, especially, doesn't want trucks going through there. I was within half mile of the yard I was going to? I had to go nearly 10 miles around a loop to come back around to it.  

I suppose I could have just gone straight there, but these towns have a passion for writing tickets to truckers that don't follow the truck route signs.  Whatever the case, I got back to the yard where the lead mechanic came running out just after I started backing up to park in a hole.  ??? He wants this trailer backed in to the shop instead of a parking space.

???This thing just came back from a shop and they want to - work on it some more.  Okkkkkk. I backed it in there, finished my paperwork, turned the truck off and - went home, actually, lol.  They can move it to wherever, unhook my truck and have it parked.  

I'm off to Illinois tomorrow. My lucky streak for overnight only trips is over. Tho I have to say, if I must do a 3 day trip, this is one of the ones I highly prefer.  I started thinking about the bridge in Memphis over the Mississippi - good Lord, I have to go through there? No, I usually take 67 up through Pocahontas and that region to get to where I'm going, it's other drivers that take that route - they want more miles.  It's 830 mile the route I take, that's sufficient.  

My mind is admittedly distracted with property stuff atm.  That should subside soon as I go into a lull period of waiting for the appraisal and apparently a fresh new survey.  I particularly like the new survey part - I have no idea what the property lines actually are of the east side of the property since it's not marked in any way, shape or form.  

Concerning the property, the only thing of interest today was the lender asking me for screenshots of proof I still have the finances available for the cash down payment.  Proof sent 3 fold and accepted.  And informed that today is the last day for the seller to send the existing survey to the lender.  After today, if they don't send it? They pay for a new survey, as written into the contract.  I'd like thank my - female - realtor of whom male realtors have bashed and made fun of.  She has done due diligence, has consulted with her mentor when necessary and has stuff written into the contract I wouldn't even have thought of - but was quite grateful after the fact when I found those things out. 


Well I'm tired and it's going to be a long day tomorrow.  The next day - a bit easier since you sit up there waiting for hours to get unloaded - time that can be spent sleeping if necessary - the final is spent driving back from the end point I was at the first day.  Or sometimes I can make it back further than that.  Whatever the case, sleep is needed, lol. 

G'nite. 

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...