Sunday, July 25, 2021

 I have absolutely no idea what happened over there this weekend, but my dogs are worn out.  I mean, like they have just been walking all day long and didn't get a rest. Or like they've been awake for days.  Addler is grumpy as all get out, the dog is just out of it. Aspyn the same, tho she isn't grumpy. Neither of them want to eat.  The dog food I feed them they usually inhale, I've never seen either of them not hungry at all.  

Addler is so out of it, he just fell off the end of the bed, upside down.  He took his sweet ole' time correcting his body and getting back up. I tried to stop the fall but I didn't get over there til too late.  He wasn't hurt that I can tell, no wincing.  

Then again, the dog really doesn't complain about pain, as evidenced by his actions the other day. We went for a walk, the 3 boys and both dogs.  On our way back out, I was helping the boys climb over a big, felled tree, Addler had run off into some shrubbery.  I was walking off and saw Addler just standing there.  I called him - ADDLER! come on, let's go!  

He just stood there, didn't wince, cry groan, nothing. Addler?  ADDLLLLEEERRRRR!!!!  He still just stood there, I knew something must be wrong.  I hadn't noticed how entangled in this thorn vines he had gotten.  When I got to him, he couldn't move because he was completely bound up in those vine.  One of the vines was wrapped around his head/throat twice.  The pain that must have been inflicted on the dog trying to get that off of his head, as gently as I tried, there was no choice but to have to pull on it to get it off of there.

Then, his entire hips were wrapped up and one rear leg.  I was pretty taken aback this dog wouldn't even wince.  He was imprisoned in thorn vines and it must have been agony.  

Neither of those dogs were used to that place at all. The dogs over there - dozer and pepper - he knows them but hadn't seen them in a long time. There is yappy Chihuahua over there as well. Maria said they all got along well this weekend so it's a bit of a wonder why the dog appears like he hasn't slept the entire time we were gone. Aspyn as well.  

I had to wonder if Addler wasn't have a flashback to when his original family had to get rid of him. Like, being abandoned to a new place and people once again. Aspyn the same.  I dunno, but they're home.  I will be gone tomorrow but they'll be home, so hopefully they can rest up.  

Okay, well it's not late but it's time to go to bed. Try to rest for a long day tomorrow.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...