Sunday, August 29, 2021

 I have no idea what the actual math calculation is - I wish I knew.  I can't apparently word it correctly in google to find it.

What I was trying to do is see what 65' at a 45' degree angle equates to in a straight line.

So, you start from a base point.  You go 65 straight.  You go back to that base point and head off at a 45 degree angle from the straight line.  I mean, I know it's going to be less at an angle than straight, I was trying to find out how much less.  

So, I got out the wheel measurer and figured I could come close at least.  

I went 65 feet straight, marked it with a brick.

Then I started at the same base point and went approximately at a 45 degree angle.  After hitting 65 feet, I then headed straight to come in line with the 65 foot straight brick marker.  It's somewhere in the range of 16 to 17 feet without getting out a string and actually doing it correct or getting out an angle and getting exactly 45 degrees.  

I don't know if any of that makes sense, I haven't done that kind of math since high school and quite honestly have forgotten most of it and have no idea what the actual calculation would be to get an exact number.  I don't really need to measure everything if I had the equation.  

Making conservative estimates and I have more than ample room for 3, 20 foot wide driveways, a row of 70 foot pull throughs, a row of 55 back ins and somewhere around 58.5 feet left over for the third row.  

This is far more room than I expected. 

I would like to leave enough room somewhere in the middle of the row of sites to construct a bathroom/bathhouse/laundry room building.  I have come to the conclusion that I should make the lots 40 feet wide.  This leaves room for 5 plus feet in width of trees and have 35 feet width of the actual pads.  Offset, so there's around 8 feet on the driver's side to the edge of a pad and the rest on the passenger side - the passenger side is where the doors are in and out of the trailer/coach and also where you put the picnic table, fire ring and room for the patio. A grill can be installed also, charcoal only tho, I'm not doing gas grills, Too many people forget to turn off the gas, waste the gas, possible explosion, drunk people doing stupid stuff, no thanks.  

I can see this project - if/when the land is actually acquired - is going to take a long time to develop.  My off days will be consumed with working on it and having some hired hands to help with it.  The financing is going to be an issue as well.  I can just move forward with my plan and pray and hope for the best.  This is why I thought of starting out with 20 or so spaces and adding on as finances come in.  

If that sounds pessimistic, it isn't.  Just being realistic.  God can provide in ways that I don't know, I will certainly stay open and looking for any opportunities for funding that come along.  

Anyway, for those praying people, my friend is in hell with Covid right now.  Just not good.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

circumphrance of circle is pi x diameter.
diam-65x2=130 times pi = 408.4
45 divided by 360 = 12.5 percent
so i'd make the 2 points 51 units apart on a slightly curved line
the strait line distance is beyond me skills

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...