Tuesday, August 3, 2021

 Getting quote to have the Harrison property surveyed.  It showed upon the real estate listings yesterday, it is by far and away the cheapest property on the list for in-city land.  It's a really great location, I wish I could have done something with it.  

The next thing is to go over to the Caddo property and look around for invisible structures.  I've been up on that property, there is nothing there.  But I'll take a 2cd look, the tax appraisal website shows 2 structures with a combined total of 410 square feet of space on the property.  

Either they have the wrong property, or the structures were torn down, or the structures were portable and someone stole them.  I dunno, but I'm sure there aren't any structures on that property and I don't want to pay taxes on something that doesn't exist.  

This morning - going to the property. Not to see if the surveyors are there, but to take the dogs for a nice walk. It's a bit nicer out today, in the 70's this morning which is a far cry better than the last time I went out there.  No particular plan on trying to access the portion of the property I haven't made it to, just get the dogs and I exercised.  Oh, but I will be taking my hunting camera and finding the area where the bear roams, set it up and hope to catch it on camera.  I've got that thing ready to go.

It can sit up there for  week or so and see what kind of animals are roaming that land.  Someone had put up a crude deer stand replete with a home made feeder.  They obviously think there is something there- they were probably looking for deer, tho, not bears.  Deer droppings are far different looking that bear dung, that's what I can say about that and I haven't seen any deer droppings back in there, but then again I haven't really looked.  Taking kids back there is a chore unto itself, this time no kids and dogs are self sufficient.  They don't need much of anything but an occasional "ADDLER, WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?" and he comes trotting back lol.  

This time I will also look to see if any trees are scratched up by any potential bears, that's another sign they are present.  

Checklist: Pistol, water, mosquito repellent, boots and machete. Checklist complete, let's go!

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...