Tuesday, August 3, 2021

 I'm still curious how all of these maple trees came to exist in a sea of large pine trees.  I'm assuming the property was harvested of most of the pines. All well and good - tho thankfully there is still a good sampling of pine trees all over the place.  

But who plants maple trees in place of pines? Well, I don't think they were planted. Whether from bird droppings or being carried through the winds or however, they must have gotten there naturally.  They are dense, very thick stands of them that will need to be thinned out substantially in order to have healthy trees.  

That won't be a big deal, they are mostly smaller trees less than 30 feet tall and will come down easily with a chain saw.  It's more of a curiosity thing to me.  The western side of the front of the property is lined with huge trees of various kinds, I assume that's what covered the property previously. Some of those will also have to come down, which is fine, there is nothing for them to crash into besides other trees if the cutting goes foul.  The trees that need to come down are either completely dead or various stages of death rot that I won't even think twice about getting them out of there.  

There's a very large dead tree on the front of the property that I'm not sure I want to handle tho.  It will have to be cut so it falls on the street.  The power lines are literally right next to it on the other side, hence my reluctance to cut the thing down. If it takes down the power lines, I'm probably going to get a bill in the mail for the repair of everything and likely some pissed off neighbors whose power will be out for many hours.  

IF I feel comfortable cutting it down to fall on the street, I will still need helpers there to shut down the street and to hook a chain up to the thing and drag it off the street to clear it for traffic.  It's just that hiring someone to do the job will likely get a hefty bill to do it.  They want 4 grand to cut down the oak tree in our front yard, to give an idea.  This tree is completely dead, however, it's coming down eventually regardless of whether it gets cut down or rots and falls down on its own.  From that perspective, I probably have less worries about cutting it myself and saving thousands of dollars in the process.

I will get good practice on other big trees first before I try that one.  And clear everything out around it, that portion of the property will likely be cleared of all trees in order to make nice, neat entry ways into the park.  There appears to be an easement anyways - maybe 25 feet - from the roadway.  

I don't care too much about the loss of land in driveways, entryways and easements as long as I can get somewhere around 60 lots on the property.  I'm looking at net profit in the end.  Expenses can be fairly high and still make a good living off of this venture.  

At 35 feet wide, I'll have 1,050 feet of space needed out of 1,350.  Take out 25 for the easement.  Take out around 50 feet in the back for a turnaround - please complain endlessly about parks with narrow driveways and no turn arounds.  Another 200 feet in depth, not width, for things such as a bath house and a doggy park and a community area.  A bath house doesn't need to be anything more than 20 feet wide. That's plenty of side to put in 4 rooms that are 8 feet wide - 20x20 - includes the space for walls and such.  8 feet wide, 10 feet deep in other words.  I only want 4 bath/shower rooms. That's enough mess to have to clean up on any given day.  

If the width is enough, I can go 3 spots wide.  That makes 90 spaces, which I don't want.  It's just too much to deal with and you have to have full time management on site.  Of course, if it's making boocoo bucks then no biggies, but I'm stepping into new territory and I'm not going into it thinking the park is going to instantly fill up and stay that way forever.  I'm more of the half full thought - at half full my profits will still be quite good. The weekends typically appear to be when you fill up a park.  

But I am in love with my primitive camping sites idea. .  They will be no where near the RV park.  it will be a separate operation - sort of - all to itself.  They will cost nothing more than putting in the driveway back there, clearing out the lots and putting in picnic tables and fire rings.  Probably some grass.  That's very cheap compared to RV lots with full hookups.  I'm hoping to find enough suitable land for 10 of them.  Minimal cost, $15 or $20 per night.  It will definitely be out in the woods, out in the wilderness. I was out there today, the only sounds you hear out there is nature. No freeway noises, no mining operation noise, not even homeowners doing their thing.  It's so far from the road that the noise of the road simply doesn't carry back there and frankly, that road has very little traffic as it stands.  

Yes, I intend on using every last inch of that property for the operation.  Whether it be rv pads, a bath house, a pond, a series of intertwining hiking trails or these camp sites, it's all going to be integrated into a nature theme that I think will become very popular, very quickly.  Money is an issue, but I think I can get the thing rolling.  I teeter and totter back and forth on the loan idea - big loan that covers it all.  It just looks like an insurmountable amount of information they want that will cost a lot of money to obtain and will not guarantee I get a loan even after getting all of that info and submitting it.  

As far as I know, if I"m not going for a giant loan, I don't have to have a blue print of anything.  I don't know that for a fact yet, my dealings with the county Road and Bridge department have yet to fully begin.  I'd like to get a professional setup on paper first, yes.  That seems prudent.  

Have I gone too far, too soon, with this particular property, such as I did with Finklea?  Perhaps.  I've just had too much time to think about it and try to develop a plan in my mind that will work in real life.  I'm not planning on this property also falling through, but the hint of it remains in my head.  It would be really nice if the surveyors would get their @$$es out there and get the job done, that's what I can say about that.  

My nature theme may not be unique, but I do believe the park will be set apart from most other parks. It will be more like state parks in the nature and trails aspect of it - and people really like the state parks because of the fact that they aren't all dumped closely together and they are out in the nature without all of the elements of nature being stripped from the land. I can't compete with state parks in terms of the cost of the pad rental, they are much cheaper.  One nearby place I looked at is $15 per night.  But, it doesn't have wifi or sewer hookups.  It's a huge facilityand it's surrounded by trees such as what I am intending to do.  How can I compete?  

I dunno, I just know that the RV parks - all of them that are in good locations - in my area are all 80% plus filled up, all the time.  Some of them are trashy, many of them are old and need upgrades.  Many of them do NOT have 50 amp services, something that many newer RV's have. They can use 30 amp outlets, but they can't use all of their electrical stuff inside the RV. I am planning on putting everything in to be able to compete with everyone, with all lots having 50 amp access.  It's the only way to go - these people are spending fortunes on these rigs and they want to be able to use everything in them.The park I looked at only had 30 am hookup.  That's not enough for a rig with 2 ac units and all kinds of electronic gadgets and dishwashers, freezers and laundry.  

I was long, this project has been eluding me for some time.  I am hoping I am near the end of this lengthy search and that I can finally move on with this in the near future.


No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...