Thursday, September 16, 2021

 Annoying.  Another company showed up at the loading rack - well before their load appointment time.  I was here 15 minutes early as prescribed by the plant. But, the plant doesn't care if someone shows up early and they will start loading them first.  It's ridiculous and it's costing me time.  Instead of getting done at 12:30 - 1:00 AM tonight, it will be an hour - at least - beyond that.  Ridiculous nonsense, the powers that be at this plant say they won't do anything about it to our management. This has been endlessly complained about. So, today, upon my turn, I'm going to ask if I can start showing up 3 or 4 hours early and butt in ahead of someone else and they will just load me instead since I was here first?  I'm going to tell them this delay is going to force me to have to work until the wee hours of the morning.  It was bad enough a noon loading time, now it's a 1:30 loading time and whoever shows up for the 1:30 load is also going to have to wait. 

If they don't care if other companies show up early, then they shouldn't care if we do, either, right?  I'm sure it isn't going to go that way, but I want to stress the point that there is no way they should be loading trucks that are showing up hours ahead of their appointment time, butting in front of other trucks and causing the other driver/s hours on their 14 hour clock, potentially leading them to not be able to get where they were supposed to that day and also, in my case, forcing me to stay out an hour and a half later into the wee  hours of the morning than I should have had to. Appointment times are made for a reason and if they continue to not honor them, I'm going to start doing the same thing these other companies do.  Just say screw it.  Contact my dispatcher, find out when the last of our trucks is loading and then just show up right after the last one  and see what happens.  If they push me back and make me wait, then management can contact them and ask them why they aren't dealing with us the same way they are doing the other companies? Almost guaranteed my manager will call them out on it.  

As for the survey, I apparently stirred up a hornet's nest - but it's a nest that needed to be stirred.  I can't have them showing that I own property that I don't own and someone else owning property that isn't theirs either.  This mess is going to be straightened out, one way or the other.  If I have to get an attorney, someone is getting stuck with attorney fees in the end, for none of this is my doings and I can thank the next door neighbor for showing me the real property lines before I got too far into it. 

I don't even remember if I wrote about this, I was contacting my realtor who was taken by surprise.  Yea, this isn't going to work.  My property starts 20 feet MY side of the fence on the west side and my property allegedly starts 33 FEET on the OTHER side of the fence on the east side!  So I am sitting here at the rack (loading site) doing my homework before I call this other surveyor who did the "real" survey in 2009.  Looking up property ID numbers, names, survey names, etc.  I'll be calling him as soon as I get started getting loaded.  Or maybe not, I might just take a nap considering I'm going to be up very late tonight.  

Okay, it's the other way around. This driver showed up late - just before I got in here.  Lol.

Well, anyway, it's time to get offa here.  I need to find out the name of the current surveyor so I can tell the surveyor from the 2009 survey who did it - perhaps they can give insight to what's going on here with them. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, this comment not related to your post. I had mentioned you might find Ron Pratt very interesting on tube of you. This one in particular, though long, I find very interesting and hope that you do too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Spn1X3wkE

Anonymous said...

If you watch that video, you might be interested to know that Talon, in addition to being his employee, is also his son-in-law.

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...