Thursday, September 2, 2021

 The final day to contemplate what I'm about to be getting myself into tomorrow at 1:00 pm.  And yes, I did take a look through the land listings. Several more large parcels of property, well outside of my price range but great deals in terms of price per acre had been listed since I last looked. 

....watching governors on the east coast saying a bunch of ...stuff..... Kathy Hochul, the "new" governor in place of Cuomo, is allll kinds of excited about Biden working on an infrastructure bill and that she needs all kinds of money to fix all of these problems - that have existed forever but now that they have flooding - the federal government should just magically pay for everything!  I definitely feel for the people going through that living hell over there, but no catastrophe can ever be wasted on a Democrat politician to make some sort of political statement out of it, use it for their own purposes and ask for an ever expanded Federal government to - expand even more.  And now Schumer declaring that global warming is behind all of this! It must be! he's also attempting to sell not only the infrastructure deal but also the budget deal!  

NOTHING related to the tragedy going on in New York, I despise listening to these politicians.  The reconciliation along with the infrastructure "deal" amounts to almost 5 TRILLION dollars.  Now De Blasio - using people's deaths to push his agenda! They can't even let the damn storm and the carnage left behind pass before politicizing it!  This is why I have not watched much news on TV in the last - many many months now.  I didn't turn on the TV news to watch ot of control politicians use a devastating, cataclysmic event to pitch their endless desire for power and money.  

I muted it.  ENOUGH.  

Now then.  My mind is made up.  I just had to take a final look at any properties up for sale to placate the feeling that I must be bypassing a deal somewhere else in order to get this one.  No, I'm not. And even if there was some magical, fantasy land that came available at some awesome price, would I want to go through everything I've just gone through and what I've gone through before yet again? This deal is going on 11 weeks now.  11 WEEKS.  

Unless something changes between now and tomorrow afternoon, I intend on taking that cashier's check with me, sitting down at the table, signing off on whatever, handing over the check and moving on with this.  Moving on will mean leaving that meeting and heading straight over to the Road and Bridge department at the county and asking specific questions. If I need permits,, I will get them or apply for them.  I have asked on the phone and looked it up, I've seen or heard nothing, but I'm not going to get caught doing stuff on the property and then having some county official come by and tell me I'm breaking some county code and cease and desist or whatever.  

I have definitely vacillated on various decisions that will have to be made on this project.  Freely admitting that, I still haven't come to definitive conclusions on what I should do.  But it seems to me that I should leave room at the front for a large building.  And that, starting 10 feet beyond the reach of the telephone poles.  So I can see a large swath of land at the front that has nothing on it but parking. 

I was also looking at angles yesterday, 45 degrees might be a bit much, I think 55 degrees would be better. And 90% sold on offset parking pads.   55 degrees gives me less linear space from east to west, but it looks better to me.  There is 1,370 feet from the edge of the street to the back of the intended RV site.  75 to 100 feet back to start the actual pads is not going to cost me space for pads.  I need around 850 feet for the 60 pads I want in, add the 100 and 950 feet means another 420 available feet in the rear for - whatever. Dog park, septic, bathhouse, etc.  

If I have a plan, it's coming together.  Needing a blueprint may simply be determined on if the county demands one or not.  I'm simply intent on leaving room for a building at the front, actually having one built will be a future endeavor.  I will be looking at other parks again - satellite views and views from drones and views from street level to get a better understanding of how a well designed park should look.  

On a different note.  I bought a hummingbird feeder months ago. We had an old one but it was cracked, faded and not so good looking and we weren't using it.  I put the new feeder up with fresh Hummingbird nectar/juice/whatever and they - never came.  I then put it out on the rose bushes hoping they would go there instead.  They never came there. So yesterday, I brought it inside, intent on putting fresh nectar in it and trying again on the porch. 

It was filled with hundreds of dead ants, plus it had been sitting in the direct sunlight for months.  So I thoroughly cleaned it out and put a bit of fresh nectar in it, not too much since filling it up had only resulted in wasting all of that for no particular purpose.  I put the thing up yesterday and ignored it.  

James sent me a pic a few minutes ago - yes, a hummingbird has claimed it as his/her own.  It was on a  branch in a nearby tree.  I went and looked through the front window and saw two of them using it! Yayyy! and finally.  A little natural entertainment.  I think in this heat that stuff needs to be changed weekly at least.

I was going to wait until tomorrow, but I think I will go today, this afternoon and get that cashier's check.  I think I'm almost at the end of this particular tunnel, the light is very bright now.  They have all made their decision to move forward, everything is a go, I trust and hope nothing else is going to happen in the next 26 hours to stop the forward momentum.

G'day.   

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...