Monday, September 27, 2021

 Long, hot day.

I started working on the rear of the rv site because the front - is just more than I want to deal with right now. The rear was open land with lots of trees, yes, but nothing like the front.  I'm worn out.  I was on the machine all day long and I can tell ya, it ain't as easy as it looks. 

This is the type of work that I was doing at a younger age and - even then I still got worn out, but I only put in maybe 7 hours today.  I got lots done tho.  

Another hornet's nest was in cue as well, unbeknownst to me.  I don't know what log or whatever they were in, but they started swarming the Bobcat.  I high tailed it out of there back to my vehicle and hopped in my SUV before they could sting me and go into attack mode.  The Bobcat needed fuel and I hadn't eaten anything, so I mosied up to Applebee's for a spell, refreshed myself, went and got diesel and went back out there.

Dumped a coffee can worth of diesel on a large pile of trees and shrub and junk I had piled up and got it going  - a little.  I figured since there is a huge tree trunk in that mix already partially burned, I could get something going. Oh, I called the county as well, they want to know about controlled burns.  You know, in case it becomes uncontrolled lol. But I had a dirt ring around it that went well off in each direction, wasn't really concerned about a forest fire.

But, Brandon showed up anyway lol. He's my friend's fried who is a volunteer county firefighter.  Apparently the powers that be wanted him to come out and check that I wasn't fixing to burn down the entire neighborhood.  He ended up going out there after I left to put out the smoldering pile - I'm going to let that stuff sit a few weeks and dry out a bit and then try again. I have 5 piles out there now, they are all going to be set on fire on whatever day I get around to doing that.  I'm actually glad he went out there and doused that, I am fairly confident that nothing would have happened but you never know.

After I did all that I could handle - and getting bugs in my face all day long. Well, let's stop there. When I got back there, the hornets were no where to be seen.  But I was obviously disturbing lots of bug habitat because all kinds of - flying things - were trying to get into the cab of the Bobcat and do whatever they were going to do. I don't even know what some of those flying bugs were to be honest.  The hornets and the giant wasp were the ones that got me going pretty good, lol.

I also identified an area where Taylor could have a garden.  I want to know where she wants one, I'd like to plow it up and at least have it semi-ready.  

Covered in dirt from head to toe, I wished I had water out there to hose myself off at least before getting into my vehicle.  Arms looks like dirt piles, face, hair neck, everything.  

To that end, I just called one of the contractors and he said he'd get going on it -right away. I sort of expected it to take - months- like everything else takes around here to get done.  Nope, he was warning me it would take "48 hours" for some kind of whatever he was talking about to happen first.  48 hours? I guess he thought I was going to complain about it, I was like, wow, that's great! No rush.  You know what the really cool thing is? He quoted me $1,100 for it.  Now, that was a 3/4 inch tap, I'm wanting 2 inch so I'm guessing we're talking around 2k.  Still, I was amazed.  I had discussed my thoughts about this in previous posts on here a long time ago, thinking 3 to 5k, probably closer to 5.  

He was a bit taken aback with the 2 inch request.  Uhhhh, well, okay!  This guy has redneck written all over his voice lol.  So I'm getting water out there.  Had to do it sooner or later.  Just sort of didn't want to spend the money so soon, but it's a need that can't be ignored.  Electric can wait and septic will wait until much further down the line.  

Progress. It may be slow and it will be slow, but I am motivated to make this happen, however long it takes.  Lord willing......

Brownsville in the am.  It got late in the day, I thought I wasn't going to get a run tomorrow and was making plans to run the machine all day tomorrow.  I'm afraid I'll be working until my 70 hours are up again.  Maybe I'll get an Oklahoma and get it done in a day and have the next day off - I really need the time on that machine before it goes back.  

I'm still just in awe of all of these people I have known for decades that have all passed away in a very short period of time.  That just doesn't seem normal.  

Well, anyway, I need to get offa here. Dinner is soon and I just want to relax.  


No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...