Saturday, November 13, 2021

 Barnsdall, Oklahoma.  Remembered to bring everything with me this time, fortunately, as I'm stuck up here for the night and probably up until around 11 am or noon.  They shut down the plant - but didn't cancel my load for osme reason. It's strange because when I got up here, I saw 2 full trailers and no empties.  Why would they want to have 3 loaded trailers up here with a shut down plant?  

Apparently they told the last driver to bobtail back, they didn't give me any such instructions and I can tell ya, I'm pretty glad I don't have to drive anymore today. It was a struggle getting up here, this sickness is kicking my @$$ and I don't feel all that well.  But now, I can sit here for the next  - probably 15 hours and take it easy.  

Won't be able to use this computer too long tho.  One thing this truck doesn't have is a built in power inverter.  Really strange because all of our other trucks have them.  And when they go out, they immediately replace them - they know us drivers want to be able to use ac electricity.  Plenty of dc power outlets in this thing, but that doesn't help my computer any.  

Anyway I was coughing, hacking and not feeling very nice at all today.  I was wishing I was at home, in bed.  When the other driver that was up here called me this morning and told me that they had told him they weren't going to offload any trailers today, meaning I would be stuck up here overnight, that gave me at least a little extra umpf to get up here, drop the loaded trailer and get parked in their parking lot.  

So, the new system for payroll is a complete pile of unmitigated garbage and giving employees problems logging in system wide.  And some employees don't have email accounts and refuse to get them, so they can't even set up an account with the system.  For me? I just tried to log in about a dozen times and was rejected every time until it locked me out.  I have until tomorrow evening to make my new selections for my health care coverage.  The wonder minds at corporate chose to end the ability to make changes on a Sunday instead of a weekday where at least people could call in asking for help logging in.  

I want to add long term disability, something they took me off of last year without my knowing about it and something I definitely want at my age.  It simply means if I become incapacitated, I will still receive a paycheck every week for - years actually.  And they used to give short term disability away for free, not so now and I can't access it - at the moment anyway. It gave me a 10 minute time out.  I'm going to try on my phone maybe I"ll have better luck.  I will be very unhappy if I can't make those changes,  I will feel rather unprotected.  You never know what's going to happen to you, I'm working in one of the most dangerous professions that exist in America. I think it's number 7 on the danger scale.  

Well whatever.  It's detention pay time, tho my dispatcher called all concerned that I won't be able to make it back for Monday.  I'm not near as concerned about it as she is. I didn't bother to tell her I'm sick or that I have no desire to drive any further tonight anyway.  I just said it's not going to be a problem, they will likely have a trailer unloaded mid morning and I will have plenty of time to get back and be where I need to be Monday morning.  I also didn't tell her what I am doing Monday - which is going to court.  Information they don't need to know.  If the ticket is dropped, they will never know about it, if it isn't but is converted to something lessor, they will hear about that and tho the company won't like it, it won't be near as bad as a 15 over speeding ticket.  

Whatever the case, I'm going to get off of here, shut the computer down and save it for the morning so I can do some searching for things I need to find for the property.

G'nite. 

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...