Friday, February 4, 2022

 It dawned on me that they will probably start this project on Monday.  So, if on Sunday I get an early enough start - which I will - I should be able to make it a day trip.  That's because the trailer is already loaded and I won't have to drive to the plant  and in the plant, wasting around 32 minutes of drive time while doing so.  

The roads should be fine by then, they have already cleared up quite a lot since I checked earlier today, looking at GPS and most of the red line stuff is gone.  Getting it done will have me home on Monday unless of course this rather - edgy - dispatcher is looking to get me on the road again.  She claims she is short-handed, we'll see if that rubber actually meets the road.  i don't need to be there for them to start the operation, not at all.  The trees are plainly marked that I want to keep up with bright pink ribbon.  

I went over to the property today to drop off the contract and tried to open the gate lock but the wheels you turn to align the numbers were frozen. I stopped smoking cigars a while back so I didn't have a cigar torch with me, just ended up leaving. It was cold out, I just wanted to see if they had taken any equipment to the back, the owner of the company had asked for the code a few days ago.  

The 7 year old was with me, he wanted to go as long as he could bring his new Nintendo Switch, lol.  We ended up at Applebee's eating lunch and then home for the rest of the day, watching some Disney flick this evening, - the entire family - a movie called Encanto.  James and Taylor went to the local movie house for movie style popcorn, they already had the movie. Anyway, I don't often watch Disney cartoon style movies anymore but this one was entertaining.  

I did by some more crypto currency today.  $100 worth this time.  I'm sort of dipping my toes into these waters and trying to figure out how it works.  I have 6 of them now and they move up and down.  If you could figure out when it's going to move up and buy before it does that, well, like day trading on the stock market seems to me.  I'm going to dabble in it for quite a while before I decide to dump, say, a grand into one of them and watch it on whatever day I would do it on and see if I can dump it at a higher price.  Still trying to figure out how this stuff works.  

I sort of feel like it's a younger generation's platform.  But I see nothing wrong with taking a gamble.  Right now I'm maybe $20 ahead of what I've spent. It was up higher but several of them dropped their value.  

Anyway, in an RV park buy/sell group I'm in, a person posted the results of a question he posed to get the pulse of RV'ers. ""If you could tell RV park and campground owners one thing... what would that be?" He posted pages and pages of answers on a PDF file. So, I decided to ask the same question in an RV Tips group I'm in. That's RV'ers, not RV managers and buyer's sellers The answers were predictable but I wanted to refresh my memory.

:Larger sites - when they say that they mean wider. So many pars are sardine can style. Good wifi. Rules that are enforced. Pool, laundry room, pull-through sites. Large dog park with grass. Lots of other stuff that I have seen over and over. Since this thing appears to be at a starting point, I want to get refocused. I've kind of gotten away from it because this has been dragging out for so long. I do drive by or to the property frequently. It's like, here it is, let's get this going.

I really just want to get this money spent on what it needs to go to. I figure I'll be down 50 grand pretty quick after they get this land clearing up, going and done.

Anyway, that's it, lol, g'nite.






No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...